X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$The Dollar Lady$$

INTRODUCING THE DOLLAR LADY
    As you may or may not know I work at a fast food joint and am trained in various positions. This particular SC who I named Dollar Lady was not a customer of mine but I did have to deal with the fallout, so here goes.

I was working front cash. At this particular place and time, business was practically dead.
    Enter Dollar Lady.
    She approached the front counter seeming very upset.

Me: Hello! How may I help you?
    DL: Actually I came thru the drive thru a moment ago...
    Me: Ok...*expects a story of a missing or messed up item*
    DL: ...and I want the phone number to the store.
    Me: Alright. Our number is 555-1234.
    DL: Well...not this store, but the number to the company. I want to place a complaint.

I'm the type of person who likes to try to make a customer happy and avoid complaints so...

Me: The number is 1-800-123-4567. May I ask what upset you? Was your order messed up? If so, I can fix it for you and give you a free item as compensation.
    DL: ...no....thank you tho..... The woman in the drive thru was very rude to me.
    Me: I'm so sorry to hear that.
    DL: It's ok...bye *leaves*

I find it odd that her complaint was rudeness because my coworkers J and B were working the drive thru and both of them are sweet older ladies who have been with the company a long time. They always give excellent customer service and only get attitude if the customer gets loud and/or hostile. Curious, I go out to ask B(on her break atm) what happened.
    I told her the jist of what happened and I can tell she knew exactly who I was talking about. B told me J was working the window when DL came to pay for her order. Her change was exactly $5, so J handed her a $5 bill.

DL: *hands back bill* I want a new one.
    J: Why? Whats wrong with it?
    DL: It's ripped. See? *points to teeny tiny rip in corner*
    J: Oh, it's ok mam. It's just a small rip. Would you like some tape to fix it?
    DL: NO! I want a NEW bill! No store will accept this bill when it's all torn up like this!!!
    J: Alright mam...*gives her a new, unripped $5 bill*
    DL: I dont want this one...
    J: Whats wrong with that one? It's not ripped.
    DL: Can't you see?!! It's all wrinkled and folded! Stores won't take this bill!
    J: Ok then...*lookes thru all $5 bills and finds the flattest, smoothest, unripped bill in her drawer* Is that better?
    DL: It has a mark on it!
    J: That's a mark from a counterfit pen mam.
    DL: I don't care what it's from I want a new bill!!!
    J: Well that's the only bill I have that's flat, unripped and unwrinkled.
    DL: Give me 5 singles then...
    J: *finds 5 flat, unwrinkled, unripped, unmarked singles* These are the best singles I have. I'm sorry if you don't like them but I am not opening my drawer anymore. The other customers have been waiting over 5 minutes now and I need to take care of them.
    DL: *takes food and leaves*
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Wow...just wow. What medication is she on, and can she get the doctor to adjust the dosage? It's clearly not working right. When I worked retail, we took notes in far worse condition than that first $5 bill with no problem. Even our SCO's took them...

I'd fire off a quick warning to your store manager and/or Corporate just to cover your CW's asses in case when that psycho goes through with filling a complaint
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I'll gladly take all her wrinkled, ripped and folded money off her, if it bothers her that much.
      Always happy to help
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

If stores didn't take anything but perfect bills, we'd be screwed. THAT said, it sounds like she has some kind of OCD with money.
        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

"No store will take this"

Is she aware that a store had to have already taken it as, well, it was IN THE TILL in the first place to be given as change?

Logic is just a 5 letter word to her...

I like getting funny bills from time to time (Been through the wash, someone wrote a phone number or football score on it, drew a moustache on Washington's face, etc) breaks the monotony
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

We get people like that all the time where I work. It's mostly the older folks too, one time when I was cashiering (before becoming a full time floor person) I had an old man actually try to stick his hand in my register to pull a nice crisp five out, I nearly freaked on him and told him to NEVER put his hand in my drawer again, he had the nerve to get all huffy and complain, my supervisor had to tell him he could have gone to jail for that before he shut his fat mouth. Some people are so weird about money.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
              I'd fire off a quick warning to your store manager and/or Corporate just to cover your CW's asses in case when that psycho goes through with filling a complaint
              Absolutely. J needs to tell the manager what happened, because some SCs will stop at nothing to get someone fired, even over stupid, piddling things like a slightly worn note.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Absolutely. J needs to tell the manager what happened, because some SCs will stop at nothing to get someone fired, even over stupid, piddling things like a slightly worn note.
                XC is right about this. As she asked for the phone number, there is no doubt in my mind that she will use it. Just pray that corporate takes her as seriously as Kisa.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think it might be an NZ thing only, but notes over here (if ripped in two) the peice over 50% in size is worth half the original value of the note.

I may be confused on that. I am not a credible source XD lol.
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

In the U.S.A.: 2/3 intact and both serial numbers complete? It's still good. Less than that, send it to the treasury and they may be able to credit it to you anyway. A tiny tear, or wrinkles? You'd be laughed out of the bank!
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

She was nutz. You took it, so would any other store. What condition was the money she paid for her food in?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A damaged note here, if sufficiently damaged to be questionable? You take it to the bank, they check it, replace it for a good one, send the damaged one off to be destroyed.

Any bank will do.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i wish that when i was on checkout that i could have not accepted any notes that weren't perfect.

i had people pull notes out of socks, dirty pockets (covered in fluff and gum), bras, shoes, toddlers mouths and various other icky places.

sweaty, folded, crumpled,ripped and old notes were the normal thing to receive

Comment

Bahahaha hahahaaha...Alright, now that that's out of my system. *clears throat* The lady is either on the wrong meds, or needs to be on meds. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten wrinkled (sometimes into a ball), torn (had to tape several halves together), or marked up bills in my tenure at the C-store. If we only accepted crisp, clean ones, as Mrs .Nutjob thinks, we'd barely take any at all, really! Surely, we wouldn't be taking in enough to keep business afloat, anyway!
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Who cares if the bills are torn or wrinkled? They're all full of germs anyway.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X