This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicaid Rant

I am sick to the point of leaving the healtcare industry over medicaid (free healthcare for those that are unable to afford it or just lie). I'm tired of all of these 22 year olds pregnant with their 4th kid comming in on medicad, I'm sick of their kids comming in on it. I'm tired of people having nicer stuff than I have and then pulling out medicaid cards.

I'm sick of the fact that almost every kid I register is on medicaid, I'm sick that there are people my age getting medicaid for their medical procedures and then I have to pay $1,200 on my 25k( I thought I got off lucky) surgery and they get off with no deductable or co-pay. I'm sick of the druggies that are too cracked out to work or care for their kids, or the obease >30 year olds that can't work because of poor health (wonder how it got so bad??).

These are chronically ill people, no my chronically ill patients can't seem to get medicaid.. wonder why?
    What on earth happened to working and caring for your kids? Granted that sometimes we all need help, but I refuse to believe that over 80% of the people in my are in that much of a need that it comes out of MY paycheck.

Why is it when your 14 year old gets pregnant, that I and every other hard working person has to flip the bill? Shit happens, but not this damn often.

The government pretty much has to give it to the expecting mothers and kids. If it cost them anything alot would do with out care and it's not fair to the kid that the parent is that sorry.

The people that need it can't get it, I'm sick of watching my terminally ill patents worry over finances. That breaks my heart, they don't need stress of how to pay for their cancer treatments.

Nothing makes me more angry then when I'm regestering a child and I have to ask if the parent is employed and they respond... I'm a stay at home mom

That's a fucking privilage.

What drives me nuts is that illegals can get free healthcare, but I have to pay bazillions of dollars for my health insurance...and my health insurance has a $3000 deductible...so unless something seriously wrong happens to me and I finally meet my deductible, I'm stuck having to pay all my healthcare bills out of pocket.

and right now, someone with a name that's almost identical to mine is somehow getting her bills sent to my insurance. (it's possible my identity is being stolen) Hopefully my insurance company figures it out soon before I have to go postal to get someone to take these charges off my insurance.

*EDIT-Excessive quoting. Please use "Reply" key, rather than "Quote" key.
    Last edited by Ree; 07-24-2006, 10:05 AM.

Comment

And this would be why I'm so glad I'm Canadian. Though I live in the only province in Canada that doesn't have totally free health care (meaning, health care paid only by everyones taxes) and I have to pay a monthly premium (only $44 for a single person, $88 for a family), it's still one heck of alot better than what I so often see coming out of the US. The gvt also takes taxes from everyone for the health care but my province is too Conservative to go totally Liberal like the other provinces.

Of course, our waiting lists are longer too, so I guess it's a trade off.

Comment

It's the problem with all welfare. If you give people something for nothing, some of them will choose that option voluntarily. Why work when you can get state money? Oh sure, you might not get that fancy cable TV and you might not have steak every night (although it seems enough of them manage to do this anyway), but if you don't want the luxuries, what the hell incentive IS THERE to work?

It's only the lifestyle that keeps me in work.

Comment

Quoth Erin
          What drives me nuts is that illegals can get free healthcare, but I have to pay bazillions of dollars for my health insurance...and my health insurance has a $3000 deductible...so unless something seriously wrong happens to me and I finally meet my deductible, I'm stuck having to pay all my healthcare bills out of pocket.
          Not to be mean here, but you do realize you are not the only one that pays taxes in this country and are you aware that immigrants pay taxes?

I'm not saying all of them do, but I would rather have them get healthcare, then have them roaming on the streets sick and diseased.
          KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

We are not going to say this again. This is Customers Suck!, not a debate forum. Either attempt to stay on topic, or this thread will be closed.

This is about the third thread this week where members are not following the site's rules. It would be terrible to have to begin forcing harsher punishments just to get everyone to listen.
            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Oof. I hope this is considered on topic, buuuuut...

Just a couple of weeks ago (and I think I may have posted a thread on this already?) I got stuck dealing with a guy on MediCal who just made me want to reach through the phone and throttle him.

All I called him for was because I had a cancellation, saw his wife had an appointment later in the month, and wanted to know if she'd like to come in sooner. Instead of a simple yes or no, I got to listen to his paranoid rantings about how "the MediCal system is fucked, and they're trying to screw me!"

Yea, the system is fucked, but not for the reasons he thinks they are. Turns out, the asshole admitted that he's a construction worker with Kaiser insurance for his whole family, but thinks he deserves MediCal as a "secondary" insurance policy. He signed up for MediCal ONLY in the hopes that he could get them to cover his Kaiser deductibles!!!

Sorry, but that's wrong. Why should *my* tax dollars pay for his stupid ass KAISER copays, when they could be going to someone who actually has a legitimate need?

Shit like that makes me *really hate having to deal with our MediCal patients... most of them are perfectly nice, but there are far too many obvious abusers who just make me crazy.
              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl
                I'm a stay at home mom

That's a fucking privilage.

i would love to be a stay at home mother until my child goes off to school. but it isn't going to happen unless peter gets a better job, so am i going to just quit my job and go on medicaid? nope. i got to work my butt off. which sucks, cause i always wanted to stay home with my kid until they go off to school.

Comment

Thread closed. This just isn't going to get any better before it gets worse.
                  "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Working...
                  X