X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know this site?

It's www.giftcartoon.com

There's something on there I really wanted to get a friend for her upcoming birthday, but two red flags:

1) Checkout area is listed as "not secure"

2) I almost never read the "Terms and Conditions" but for some reason I clicked on the link here ... and it's literally ALL that "Ipsum lorum" stuff!

I backed out of the order. If anybody here has done business with that site, please let me know how it went.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Yeeks! Having looked a bit further...
    The only contact method l see is an email address giftcartoon@126.com-that doesn't even look like a real email.

The whole thing reads like something done by someone whose first language is not English:their about us section has 'hot stuffy animals recommended' and their most recent blog post is entitled 'Where buy USA school bag is cheap but quality?' As Mr.Morecambe and Mr.Wise would have it:all the words are there but just not in the right order.

Shipping:via China Post(!)up to 35 days or 'if you wanna a quicker shipping you choose EMS or TNT.lf you choose express shipping method you need pay express ship fee some 30USD or so'.

Refund policy is you send it back to them at your own cost(must be postmarked within 14 days of you receiving it) and 'if it is to be our fault we will respond a new one within 48 hours'.
    Wrong or 'dead on arrival' items must be reported and confirmed within 72 hours of delivery.
    No mentions of payment methods.
    Terms and Conditions in Latin. Non videre veritas..caveat emptor!
    This site is not just red flags it's a parade of them with cymbals gongs and Bob at the back on the big bass drum.

What it is you were looking for...perhaps we can find it elsewhere unless you have a desperate urge for a hot stuffy Chinese animal...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      000 unless you have a desperate urge for a hot stuffy Chinese animal...
      I have some fine Chinese-American nephews...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

unless you have a desperate urge for a hot stuffy Chinese animal...
        Quoth dalesys View Post
        I have some fine Chinese-American nephews...
        But would they want toys that sweat on the pillows and correct their grammar?

Seriously, that's more red flags than a Maoist convention!
        ETA: If you want to buy stuff from China, my stepfather has had fairly good results with Ali Baba, which is apparently their version of Amazon. That said, he was buying tech stuff rather than toys.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
          But would they want toys that sweat on the pillows and correct their grammar?

Seriously, that's more red flags than a Maoist convention!
          ETA: If you want to buy stuff from China, my stepfather has had fairly good results with Ali Baba, which is apparently their version of Amazon. That said, he was buying tech stuff rather than toys.
          I stumbled over Ali Baba when looking for a replacement to a much-beloved bookmark that I had lost. IIRC, they could sell them to me ... in quantities of hundreds.

I didn't miss the bookmark THAT much.

Kit-Ginevra: HOLY MOTHERLUVVIN' CRAP!! I didn't read nearly that far, nor did I check out the blog. That is really scary.

I was looking for a Harry Potter facemask. (Obviously, not one that is medically approved, since I doubt such a thing exists.) I've found some on Etsy. I supposed you can get screwed over on Etsy as well, but probably not nearly as bad as with that website.
          Last edited by Pixelated; 04-05-2020, 04:01 AM.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            The only contact method l see is an email address giftcartoon@126.com-that doesn't even look like a real email.
            It's a real domain. We had several spammers use emails from there, so we ended up blocking it. And the shitty grammar sounds like some of the spam posts we've deleted from here.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              It's a real domain. We had several spammers use emails from there, so we ended up blocking it. And the shitty grammar sounds like some of the spam posts we've deleted from here.
              I suspect they actually have NOTHING in terms of "wares", and once you send them your money, well, you're just SOL.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I just did a DDG search for it, and it turns out to be a Chinese E-mail provider which is also a domain-name wholesaler: https://www.quora.com/What-is-126-com-and-why-are-they-the-owner-of-millions-of-good-domain-names?share=1#

So, a real domain, but one which lends no credibility to the addresses it hosts.

Comment

Working...
                X