Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

A rather ghastly film called 'Super' with a phenomenomenal cast list- Rainn Wilson(who becames a super hero to get his ex-wife back from drug dealers),Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler and Ellen Page but which just ends up in lots of blood and people being violently attacked. You do get to see Ellen Page in and out of her sidekick costume so thats cool

Old 07-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Asura Mesmer

My fiance and I have been binge watching "Warrior Nun" on Netflix. Based on the trailer, I thought it was going to be some pulpy action horror show, but really it's part supernatural thriller and part coming of age story. There's feminist themes. There's critique of the Catholic Church. There's a ton of technobabble. And there's some cool action scenes of nuns fighting demons. We have two episodes left, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this season wraps up. (No spoilers, please.) I see headlines suggesting there'll be a season 2. I hope so.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:00 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Playing

I'm still playing Destiny 2, in spite of some issues the game has. Some of my friends (and plenty of other players) are bitching about the fact that the upcoming fall expansion will be removing content (four destinations), since that's content that people have paid for which is no longer going to be playable, and making some loot unobtainable. (Bungie, the developers, have said they will make that loot obtainable through other means in the future, but have not yet said/decided how that will happen yet.)

Found this game on Steam/Google Play called Hook which is a casual little puzzle game. It introduces the simple mechanics a bit at a time, before combining them together. There's only 50 levels, and the last ten combine all of the mechanics together. I've had fun just chilling and replaying it over and over on either my laptop or on my phone.

Watching

I've delved into a few animes for my podcast (Bored to Death Bingecast) as of late. Some of them are older ones, admittedly. We've binged these series in easily digestible chunks (around 2 hours, usually).

My Hero Academia - world of people with Quirks (superpowers), protag wants to be a Hero despite being born Quirkless, gets mentored by the world's number-one Hero. We finished Season 1, haven't been able to synch up schedules with my co-hosts to resume it yet. I appreciate that the series acknowledges that there are usually "required secondary powers" for some of these abilities which people may not have - the One-For-All Quirk, for instance, takes a serious toll on the body, which can't handle the sheer power it unleashes.

Mobile Suit Gundam - the original mecha anime. My friends and I plan to binge through the whole damn saga, in release order. We're a little over half-way through the first series. Despite being an older anime, a lot of its themes are still relevant-- like battle fatigue/PTSD, the politicization of events, and similar. Little touches like hearing the machinery in the mobile suits working, or seeing the clamps applying when vehicles transforming, are good as well.

Fire Force - This is a newer series, second season just started. Humanity lives under the perpetual threat of spontaneous human combustion, which may or may not be supernaturally-triggered. The titular organization consists of people dedicated to fighting the 'Infernals' that are spawned when someone spontaneously combusts. My friend Sam and I both noticed that the series is surprisingly fast-paced in the eight or so episodes we've watched so far. A thing like the Rookie Games would have been your usual "sports festival" ten-episode arc or something in any other shonen anime. But here, it's only one episode. It made both of us wonder "where is it going to go from here!?"

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Store Manager

Still playing Terraria... spent the last two weeks or so talking advantage of late pre-Hardmode to do a big build. Now I'm taking a deep breath before the plunge into Hardmode.

Geekery: I've been playing surprisingly pure Melee so far (though as usual I lurve my minions), but for the Wall of Flesh fight I've pulled out a Star Cannon to back up my Cascade and Sunfury, Also the new Honeycomb/Shark-Tooth-Necklace combo, which I'm guessing will make a good reply to those lasers. I'm generally lovin' the new options in 1.4.... I do have half a dozen buff stations set up as well, we'll see i that's enough.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Area Manager

I've been watching Celebrity Gogglebox on 4oD; Rylan and his mum are my absolute favourites, since that is very much how I used to interact with my mum.

Recently watched a couple of films that I've been meaning to for a while; one of them was Autopsy. Holy moly, was that a scary film! Proper old-fashioned horror, building the suspense rather than wasting it all through pointless jump-scares. I will never randomly ring my late mum's crystal bell collection again; anyone who's watched it will know what I mean. *shudders*

I also watched Knives Out. Great fun! Quite apart from being a genuinely excellent film, it was lovely to see Daniel Craig enjoying acting again. He's been getting so miserable doing the Bond films.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:50 PM
Chairman of the Board

I started working on another jigsaw puzzle. This one.

Or so I thought.

After spreading out the pieces, and being puzzled by the large number of white pieces, I started assembling the edge pieces. Six pieces in I realized that a different puzzle was in the box. This one.

And the company the made the puzzle seems to be out of business.

Oh well, it is still a nice picture.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:26 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

PSO2: Got bored with it already.

AM2R: Just started.

(unnamed?): Helping to beta test a hybrid exploration/puzzle game from the Tanglewood crew (you basically play Tetris to resolve fights/obtain resources/solve puzzles, while the results of what you do show up on the right 2/3 of the screen).
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 07-17-2020, 02:58 AM
Philosophical Tomato

I'm rebuilding my computer, so not playing much at the moment. Trying to catch up on Superstore...mom thinks it's stupid and won't let me watch it when she's around

Old 07-17-2020, 09:03 PM
Area Manager

I haven't been watching much TV lately. Been doing a training course on Amazon Web Services, and watching the occasional episode of Columbo.

I've also been getting back into my lyric writing a little, and researching which guitar strings I want to try next.

The only game I've really been playing is online Chess.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:20 AM
Highly Trained Professional

Not really playing anything new. I still play The Sims 4 and sometimes 2 and 3. Only hardcore playing I do. I do love American and Euro Truck Simulator. Both games are incredibly well done give that they're dealing with real places.

I don't really watch much, mostly stuff on YouTube. Mostly random tech and retro gaming. Though through Dead Mall videos I've discovered a few channels that have serious Disney related material. I'm not even that huge of a fan of Disney. There's just some great storytellers out there.