This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to post here in the not-quite-so-recent past

I used to post on this forum a long time ago. Well, it really wasn't THAT long ago, but quite a bit has happened in my life since then, so in a way it feels like a long time ago. I think it was in late 2003 through about mid 2004 when I was last a member here. It was sometime around then, anyway.

Well, back then, I was in college and working as a sales associate at Wal-Mart. I quit Wal-Mart back in August, 2005. (If I remember correctly, August 18th of that year was my last day there). Since then, I have pretty much been out of customer service. After Wal-Mart, I worked for a year as a teacher's aide at an elementary school. That was kind of fun. I actually learned quite a bit while at that job, and in all honesty, I think it taught me a lot of really valuable people skills. All in all, it was a fun job. However, that job only lasted as long as the school year did. After the school year was over, it was about time for me to go back to school to earn my master's degree, which is where I am now.

During the summer after my teacher's aide job ended, I wanted to get some sort of job just to make a little bit of money before I started school again. My sister had just got a job working at camp for kids and adults with disabilities. Since I was in need of employment, and they were in need of counselors, I found myself in yet another job. For about a month that summer, I worked as a day camp counselor, working with kids who had a handful of various special conditions (e.g. autism, various physical handicaps). I would have put in more time that summer, but I ended up hurting myself and having to take some time off. However, this past winter, I started going back to work at the respite camps that they have every month when camp is not in session. Those last from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. It's pretty fun, and it pays money, and it doesn't interfere with my school schedule, so that's what I'm doing for money these days to support my seemingly unending school career.

Last time I was on this board, I did not use this name. In all honesty, I can't really remember what name I used. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that, but it's true. I guess it's because on message boards, people usually don't address you by your screen name. If you post something, and someone else has something they'd like to say to you in response to what you just said, he'll usually just quote what you wrote and reply without even using your screen name. That must be it, because I can remember virtually every alias I have used in chat rooms. In there, people usually call you by name. I'm really trying to remember what my name was last time I was a member here. I think it was Undercover Somethingorother. Like Undercover Cat...was that it? It sounds familiar.

Boy, this has been a rambling post! Sorry if I bored you all with this segment of my life story. But nonetheless, I'm back here to give this place another goaround. Though, since I'm no longer in an actual customer service job, I may not have much to add to the discussions, but I'm sure I can relate some of my past sucky customer experiences to what some of you are currently dealing with. I DID put in five and half years at Sam Walton's store.

Ok, I'll shut up now.
Working...
X