This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Layaway Wizard

Big news in our store today! A person who, as best I can tell, wishes to remain anonymous, walked in and paid off every last layaway in the entire place. Word has it they "hit" a couple neighboring locations and a Toys R Us as well and did the same thing. Our store alone had over 60K in layaway payments.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I saw a news article on that this morning. Absolutley amazing. Now if someone can just donate 50 or 60k to me, that would be nice...
    "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

That's awesome.

I do believe that when people do these kinds of things, that most (if not all) of them want to remain anonymous.

I'm sure there are going to be some very grateful people out there, because a complete and total stranger, out of the kindness of his heart, paid off their layaway.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if you get some SC's out of it, too. I could actually see people complaining about it.

"What do you mean someone paid off my $827.55 worth of stuff!? That is unacceptable! I want to speak to your manager now!!"
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Monday was the deadline for paying them off. I've already had a lot of folks tell me that if this hadn't happened, they would not have been able to get those gifts paid off. So yep, many people will now be able to have a nicer Christmas than they thought.

One associate did overhear a customer being greedy though, lamenting that they hadn't put MOAR on their layaway. So ungrateful.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Though, it wouldn't surprise me if you get some SC's out of it, too. I could actually see people complaining about it.

"What do you mean someone paid off my $827.55 worth of stuff!? That is unacceptable! I want to speak to your manager now!!"
          Somehow that wouldn't surprise me either. I have no doubt that you'll find the type (as my dad would put it) that would complain if they were being hanged with a new rope.

I would be seriously grateful for such a benefactor and I have no doubt most would be as well. I understand some of those called with the news thought the calls were pranks.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            One associate did overhear a customer being greedy though, lamenting that they hadn't put MOAR on their layaway. So ungrateful.
            If this kind of greedy attitude starts taking hold, I can forsee the mystery benefactors taking one of these routes:

1) Screw it - if selfish people are loading up their layaway lists in hopes of them being paid off, I'll find some other way to make people happy.

2) When they pay off layaways, pay in full those under $threshold, and only pay $threshold against higher balances.

3) Pay only those under $threshold, higher balances get nothing.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X