This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Customer Whisper

I've really enjoyed sharing with ya'll. It makes me feel a lot better to get it off my chest . Customers can be awful creatures and it's always good to be able to vent through to people who truly understand. I thought I'd share another from tonight, if that's alright.

Now. Most of the reason I'm good at my job is because I always try to turn a SC into a better customer. Apparently, I have a way of dealing with SCs and their attitudes. My boss calls me *The customer whisper*

So I'm cleaning around the front and my cashier is checking out an older lady. I'm far enough away that I can't hear what's being said, but I can see my cashier start to tear up. The older lady starts screaming and I rush up to find out what's wrong. The older lady is trying to use a *five dollars off your purchase* coupon for a *different* dollar store. My cashier said she couldn't take it so the lady freaked out. I send my cashier to their break room to calm down and explain to the woman that I couldn't take another store's coupon. She goes beserak, mostly screaming and cursing. I just stare, don't say anything, wait for her to finish. . After a minute, she stops and asks if I'm going to use the coupon. I said No ma'am, I simply can't and you screaming and cursing will not get you what you want. She doesn't say anything, but boy is she pissed. So I say ma'am, I'll give you a deal.... I keep a few coupons behind the counter for *five dollars off your purchase* for *this* store. I will happily give you one, because we all make mistakes. It's okay, you probably read dollar store but just didn't read the name of the store. That's okay, I've done that too. So, I'll give my cashier the coupon to use for you, but only after you sincerely apologize to my cashier for your rude behavior and excessive language over such a small misunderstanding. The older lady perks up a bit and agrees. I call my cashier out and look at the older lady. She tells my cashier she is really sorry, she shouldn't have yelled at her, didn't mean to hurt her feelings, she just misread the coupon, etc. I hand my cashier the coupon and told her to use it for the lady since she apologized.

Twenty minutes, I'm paged back to the front. My cashier told me that the older lady came back, apologized some more, and left us two cokes and a few chocolate bars for all our trouble and hospitality over the situation.

Yup. *The customer whisper*
    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Congratulations!!!!

What a great story of control over one's self and negative situations.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Nicely done!!!
      Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
      It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Are ye a human or an angel sent by the Master to bring peace to the Earth? I must remember to thank Him tonight.

Thank you for that story.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Two words: You're awesome.

Comment

I speak to them like I speak to my toddler and use patience. They're just like evil children. Lol
            No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
              I'll give my cashier the coupon to use for you, but only after you sincerely apologize to my cashier for your rude behavior and excessive language over such a small misunderstanding.
              Nicely done, and very well handled!
              Quoth Plankton78 View Post
              My cashier told me that the older lady came back, apologized some more, and left us two cokes and a few chocolate bars for all our trouble and hospitality over the situation.
              I'm glad she recognized that she did wrong and tried to make it right. Wish all SCs would think about what they do...but then, they wouldn't be SCs if they did.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I could've used you on the phones today...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I would have loved to help you on the phones if I could have!

Comment

Op, you would make a wonderful therapist or negotiator. Thank you for using your wonderful talent for the benefit of retail workers who desperately need your help.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X