This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Customer Standard Time story

with a large side of entitlement and small portion of scammer thrown in for good measure.

This one comes via the GM from Sunday.

Delivery and carry out was rockin --dinning room only had ONE table

Dine-in customers order and it takes 17 WHOLE minutes to get their order out to them.

Afterward the customer LOUDLY and repeatedly complains about "HOW LONG IT TOOK TO GET OUR FOOD. The GM explains that other customers (delivery and carry out) orders were being prepared and a 17 minute wait is not really all that long.

Customer continues to loudly complain and NOW wants a discount and keeps on complaining.

GM really does not have the time to deal with this situation much longer so they look up the order and COMP the whole order. They then go back to the customer and tell them about the comp AND TELL THEM THE BILL IS zero.

Should have ended right there, RIGHT????????

<looks at site name>

The woman repeatedly continues to complain they are STILL being over charged for their meal.

GM at this point Blue Screens but manages to fast boot recover by AGAIN HANDING THE TICKET TO THE CUSTOMER AND EXCPLICTLY POINTING OUT THE TOTAL IS

$0.00

OH says the customer and storms out
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

They got comped? Another spineless manager moment which will only encourage more of this behavior...

Comment

I get being busy and not wanting to deal with stupid.

But stupid gets worse if stupid is rewarded.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

You want a pizza in less than 17 minutes? Go home and bake one of those Totino's party pizzas. Nope, sorry Freschetta takes 20 minutes or more, you can't have that.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

17 minutes? Are you freaking KIDDING me? Half an hour to 45 minutes is, to me, average. 17 minutes for food is really good. She's obviously one of those people who will NEVER be happy. Reminds me of the woman who complained that HER meal was taking too long. It had only been 10 minutes. Jesus fucking Christ some people.

Sadly, she got comped, too. There's more to the story. Basically, she was a complete bitch, complained about the wait, complained about her food, complained about drinks, and ended up not paying for any of it in the end, but refilled her free salad bowl and got a re-fillable drink for free.

Comment

Ugg. I hate that the SC got comped. The proper response is 'full freight or you walk, cheapskate'. But the manager can't say that, nor anything similar, someone will get mad.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Sure! I can make a pizza faster than that! The box it came in says "Hot Pockets," though...>_>

17 mins for a restaurant-quality pizza is damn good, especially in a packed house (DaddyJim's, while I like it, doesn't qualify as restaurant-quality, and it can be done in about 6-8, tops). If it's a Chicago-style deep-dish, I'd be happy with 45 minutes in a place that busy!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Arg. I know it wouldn't happen, but I wish she'd either be refused if she came back or forced to pre-pay for her meal. She'll just do it again if she's not stopped.

I've had the misfortune of having to eat out with people like that. Either family or close friends of the family. And they are horrible. One of my aunts is an excessive couponer (which in itself is pretty obnoxious) and if we're at a place which doesn't offer coupons she will refuse to order. Once I was with a group who ended up being comped because the waiter "kept running by and when I finally asked for hot sauce she just walked off." Yeah, because the place was flipping swamped and you didn't "ask" you demanded. OH, and you got for precious hot sauce!
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                  17 minutes? Are you freaking KIDDING me? Half an hour to 45 minutes is, to me, average. 17 minutes for food is really good. She's obviously one of those people who will NEVER be happy..
                  and I agree Evannah GOOD well made pizza will always take longer to prepare and cook than the homongenized "comes frozen" non fresh made corp. slop the big chains produce.

Sadly it take about 9 minutes just to get a pizza through our ovens. and yes there were a few orders ahead of her.

Again ALL managers at my pizza place have to follow the rule "IF a customer complains no matter how stupid or small, give 'em FREE SHIT no questions asked"

The GM just looks at it this way "NOT MY MONEY" and no they will never bonus at my store unless they let the place literally fall apart with no repairs or maintenance or upkeep.
                  Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-30-2014, 05:11 AM.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                  X