Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

pipes burst
Old 02-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Front End Supervisor

Default pipes burst

Tonight at the hotel a pipe burst (probably from all the super cold weather we just went through) Since it was 11pm on a Saturday night there was nowhere for our maintenance guy to go to purchase needed supplies. He had to shut water off to the entire hotel.

Cue Mr. Sucky. This one guest told me on the phone that since we had no water he was not paying for his room and he would even go as far as to cancel his credit card. A short time later he comes to the desk and tells me hie is leaving and we better not charge his card. He wanted me to provide him with his paperwork (Um, what paperwork? Room and tax had not even been posted yet) I told him I would inform the owners in the morning and it would be their call on whether to give him his free room. He wanted me to call them at home right then and there. He ranted, he yelled and he left swearing up and down he would sue the hotel if we charged him.

I recognize having no water is a sucky situation but really - why me?

Old 02-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Alpha Geek

I'm surprised the health dept would allow the hotel to stay open without water.

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Old 02-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Tanasi View Post
I'm surprised the health dept would allow the hotel to stay open without water.
The health department probably would not, if it were an extended outage. Water outages occur on a daily basis; sometimes for several hours. With the exception of a restaurant, a short-term outage is not generally considered a health concern.

However, since the incident took place late at night, I doubt there'd be anyone at the health dept office to actually take a call, much less send out anyone to issue a close order.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Area Manager

Common sense would dictate that having no water for an entire night would not leave the hotel liveable; a whole building of people wanting to go to the loo first thing in the morning when they wake up? Not Fun.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth CyberLurch View Post
However, since the incident took place late at night, I doubt there'd be anyone at the health dept office to actually take a call, much less send out anyone to issue a close order.
Especially with double-digits below zero.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Closed Thread