Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Check it out!

Closed Thread

The Unofficial "FUCK 2017" Celebrity Death Thread
Old 01-01-2017, 02:12 AM
The cat who could drive a car!

Default The Unofficial "FUCK 2017" Celebrity Death Thread

(mods, please sticky this, pretty please?)

Figured I'd get this out of the way. If the mods sticky/approve this, this thread should function as an announcement thread for celebrity deaths in 2017. As such, please follow these rules:

Please only include deaths that happened between 12:00 am, 1/1/ - 11:59 pm 12/31/2017

Include a credible news sources, ie: TMZ, CNN, Eonline, etc. The death must be posted to one of these sites to be considered. NO HOAXES, PLEASE!!

State the celebrities' name, and their claim to fame (or infamy, as the case may be. )

Their celebrity status should not be limited to entertainers. Minor/local celebrities may be included also, so long as where their fame was is included.

Have fun, and may this thread be short!

Old 01-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Bookkeeper

Is the timeframe counted by the local time where the deceased was at time of death?

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 01-01-2017, 03:35 AM
The cat who could drive a car!

GMT IMHO, is a good place to start.

Last edited by dendawg; 01-01-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Actually Now Retired and Bored

Can we also keep a running list as they are posted here?

Old 01-02-2017, 03:34 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

We've discussed it among the mods -- this isn't the first time this idea has come up -- and we've decided against it, I'm afraid. We realize that the idea comes from good intentions, but it feels kinda...morbid, to many of us, truth be told (obviously not your intention), so we would prefer that such a list not be made (at least, not on the board). Also, past experience (including, but not limited to, Carrie Fischer's/Debbie Reynolds' recent passing) shows that it is unlikely to prevent redundant threads from showing up anyway.

However, we DO feel that the rules/guidelines you came up with are a good idea for such threads in general. We'll set up a sticky for those, and see about making sure we keep them all in the same forum (most likely Check It Out). We'll make a post to that effect in a bit.
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Area Manager

This turned up on my Facebook page today

2017 is getting its licks in early. What a way for his family and friends to start a new year. Fuck you, 2017 ...

P.S. I hope he qualifies in terms of being a "celebrity." If not, let me know or one of the mods can just delete it.
Closed Thread