This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!!!!!

As my first thread on this site, I think I'll just start with a list of "NO's" that sum up my four years in pizza fast food.

NO, I will not make an exception for just you, just this one time.

NO, I will not deliver pizza for you after close. Contrary to popular belief; I have a home and a whole other life that has nothing to do with this restaurant. And frankly, I'd rather be there than here helping you.

NO, I will not give you my supervisor's home phone number on his day off. I don't care how upset you are; the poor guy is probably at home, drunk in his Lazyboy trying to forget that people like you exist- and there's no way I would take that away from him.

NO, I will not find our pizza place's location closest to you in YOUR HOME STATE because you have just as much access to a yellow pages as I do.

NO, I will not fold to your requests when you threaten to eat somewhere else. I DO NOT CARE. None of us care if don't eat here today or ever again. In fact, tell your friends, tell all your friends. Tell the whole neighborhood. Devote your life to bringing down the pizza place that screwed up your order. That'll teach us. Until of course we walk down the street and apply at the Wendy's for the same pay doing the same basic job.

NO, you aren't better than me. And don't think you are just because I'm on the clock and you're off. We're all customers and we're all employees half of our lives; get used to it.

I know how hostile this sounds, but believe it or not, I'm not a bitter person. Not even at work. Just frustrated. I don't even work fastfood anymore, just wanted to vent from my past years. Thanks for reading.

Quoth 111111 View Post
    I don't even work fastfood anymore, just wanted to vent from my past years. Thanks for reading.
    Quite a few of us don't work retail/service any more but its still very cathartic to vent every now and again.

Nice post and welcome to the boards!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Haha I am quite bitter, and this was a delicious read ^_^ I used to work in a Pizza delivery place, to I can sympathise
      ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
        I know how hostile this sounds, but believe it or not, I'm not a bitter person. Not even at work. Just frustrated. I don't even work fastfood anymore, just wanted to vent from my past years. Thanks for reading.
        Welcome! Great first post!

And, don't worry, working with the public is hell-on-earth sometimes. It's kinda like Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder: The after effects linger for years.

I think working retail or fast food could have even turned Mother Teresa bitter.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Great Post!!! I had to show it to my friend/old pizza hell cook. Both of us printed it out and its now hanging next to our computers. And Peppergirl is soooo right! It is Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder! I have flash backs everytime I walk into a pizza hell. Saldy no amount of will erase the memories.

Comment

Welcome! Aside from the retail and restaurant businesses bringing out the worst in people, call centers do too. Oh man do I have a lot to say about those.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
              NO, you aren't better than me. And don't think you are just because I'm on the clock and you're off. We're all customers and we're all employees half of our lives; get used to it.

Best quote evar!!!(end simpson's comic book guy voice)
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
                NO, I will not find our pizza place's location closest to you in YOUR HOME STATE because you have just as much access to a yellow pages as I do.
                How many times did this one come up in conversation?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  How many times did this one come up in conversation?
                  It was rare, but it did happen. I think people tried to google our pizza place online by city and, wouldn't you know it? Some states have the same city name...then it was a matter of "Oh, really? You guys are in that state? Well my state is xxx, who should I call?"

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
                    IMO, that quote is sig-worthy. to the site.

If I may add one of my own, from a computer operators perspective:

No, I will not hold up the backups just because YOU have a major report due tomorrow morning and you've waited until midnight to try and do it.

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      Welcome! Great first post!

I think working retail or fast food could have even turned Mother Teresa bitter.
                      and working in a call center would cause Mother Teresa to hate all humanity...
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Welcome! Excellent post! I'll probably link this to some of my co-workers and whatnot, I especially like the bit about everyone being customers and employees.
                        "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
                          I think people tried to google our pizza place online by city and, wouldn't you know it? Some states have the same city name...then it was a matter of "Oh, really? You guys are in that state? Well my state is xxx, who should I call?"
                          That's why when I use Google, I include any combination of city, state and/or zip code.

But that's just me.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                            That's why when I use Google, I include any combination of city, state and/or zip code.

But that's just me.
                            Yeah, but since you're not an SC, you're using LOGIC. And we all know that logic is simply NOT ALLOWED in SC land.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                            X