Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Are You Being Served...but not as we know it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Are You Being Served...but not as we know it...

Take Mr.Humphries,stick him in an Australian version of Grace Brothers with copycat characters and well,the result is here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWKZYR5rT0
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

This was interesting. Not as good as the original but _FAR_ better than the US remake of FAWLTY TOWERS (PAYNE)...

Comment

I'd give it a 2. As in second year high school play quality. Lord knows why John Inman agreed to this.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I'd give it a 2. As in second year high school play quality. Lord knows why John Inman agreed to this.
        I can think of one possible explanation.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          I can think of one possible explanation.
          Well, yes, and it must have been one hella big bag o' cash!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been searching high and low for a copy of the American version of Are You Being Served: "Beanes of Boston," starring John Hillerman. I don't know if it was ever broadcast, so I doubt it's just floating around online at random. If you have any leads...?

Comment

Did a quick search. IMDB says in one place it was an unreleased pilot and elsewhere says it was an unsold pilot, Wikipedia says it originally aired in 1979 (implying that the unsold bit is more likely to be correct than the unreleased bit). Another site says no pictures or footage are publicly available. Just curious, but where did you hear about it?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I found it in the Are You Being Served series book,which also mentioned the Australian version.

For more how-the-Yanks-kill-great-British-comedy,check out this smegging monstrosity
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

This American version of Fawlty Towers wasn't so bad, but only because Bea Arthur is just that good. I think it evens out to "average" thanks to her.

Comment

Working...
                  X