Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon's looking to fill 7000 new positions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon's looking to fill 7000 new positions!

I know many CS-ers are currently looking for a job or a job with better pay/benefits. Ran across this article. Thought I'd share. Mods, I hope this is ok, other than being a customer, I have no affiliation w/ Amazon.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/29/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

From the article:
    The fulfillment center jobs are located in Breinigsville, Pa., Middletown, Del., Chattanooga and Murfreesboro, Tenn., Charleston and Spartanburg, S.C., Patterson, San Bernadino and Tracy, Calif., Chester, Va., Coppell, Haslet and San Antonio, Texas, Hebron, Ky., Indianapolis and Jeffersonville, Ind. and Phoenix. The customer service jobs are in Grand Forks, N.D., Kennewick, Wash., Huntington, W.V., and Winchester, Ky.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

FWIW, here's the link to apply.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Just be forewarned its a VERY strenuous job. Lots, and LOTS of walking....fairly sure one of my buddies said he walked at least 10-15 miles a day with his job at the warehouse. He did say it was good pay though, just hard work.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Google hires about 6000 people in the early months of each year, too -- I applied for it a couple of years ago (pre-back injury), to no avail ~_~ For either one, be prepared to have an updated resume, be ready for one of those damnable "psych profile" test online before you even get to the interview stage, and don't expect to hear back at all unless they're interested.

That being said -- to those who apply, good luck!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X