X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Ready For Freddy... Again?

Creator's Website

it's me
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Q1: What is this?
    Q2: Why is there no buttons to click on?
    Q3: I have ADD, there is a Squirrel out the window. Where am I going to go?

It is kind-of neat and mysterious, but if they are not going to tell me anything, I am going to go play with bunnies and squirrels.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

This is a teaser for "Five Nights at Freddy's 3."

If you don't know what "Five Nights at Freddy's" is, go on YouTube and just search for it. You'll find plenty of Lets Play videos of the game. (I recommend Markiplier's FNAF videos.)

In short, it's a horror video game with strong elements of resource management. You play the night watchman for a pizza place called Freddy Fazbear's (an expy for Chuck E. Cheese), and your job is to watch the security monitors and make sure the animatronic mascots don't kill you. (Because, didn't we mention?, they move around at night and for reasons, they will shove you into a mascot costume, which will kill you for reasons.)

It relies heavily on tension and jump scares, but FNAF was a huge hit. To the point that Scott Cawthon, the creator, soon announced and created "Five Nights at Freddy's 2," which was released around Halloween. The number of mascots to monitor has more than doubled and the difficulty increased markedly. Some hints as to what may have caused all of the troubles is hinted at as well.

And now Scott's announced "Five Nights at Freddy's 3," but no date or details available yet.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Nice, now I am interested. I like horror game, and there are not that many to begin with.

I may have to look up that series.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Five Nights at Freddy's and Danganronpa - I will never look at a stuffed bear the same way ever again.

There are lots of jump scares. I hate jump scares and yet I was convinced by my niece to play it because I didn't know what it was. What a fool I was.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I started hearing about FNAF in chat rooms and on websites. Then I started scoping out info about the game, and watched Markiplier's Lets Play videos of it.

That was enough to tell me, "Nope, not the game for me, but I'll enjoy seeing other people freak out about it."

My friends Sean and Natalie knew about it as well, so we decided to sit our buddy Tom down to play it. Tom went in blind, not knowing anything about the game. We couldn't hear the sounds, but it was hilarious hearing Tom reacting to Phone Guy's message on Night 1.

Tom kept providing running commentary, and then, "--I hear footsteps."

He just barely survived Night 1, ran out of power, and it ticked over to 6 AM as Freddy was playing "La Toreador." Then he got got by Bonnie on Night 2 just as Foxy was barreling down the corridor for him.

Comment

New teaser image on Scott's site.

EDIT: Wanna be freaked out? Brighten up the picture, and you'll see something is standing in the shadows....

Comment

And the game just got released YESTERDAY.

Again, these aren't the kinds of games that I'm likely to play, but I'll absolutely have fun watching other people play it and freak the hell out at the jumpscares.

From what I've heard, however, it's somewhat easier than FNAF2.

...in that you only have to worry about ONE murderous animatronic instead of TEN.

Comment

It's true. There's also a satisfying ending...but it's so complicated you need a guide.

Oh, and you'll need to notice what happens before the animatronics show up. What did you do? And you'll know and there'll be a lightbulb moment.

It's also way better in gameplay than 2. Not as many bad jumpscares. Most of these dont kill you.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    It's true. There's also a satisfying ending...but it's so complicated you need a guide.

Oh, and you'll need to notice what happens before the animatronics show up. What did you do? And you'll know and there'll be a lightbulb moment.

It's also way better in gameplay than 2. Not as many bad jumpscares. Most of these dont kill you.
                    True, but the jumpscares cause your equipment to start malfunctioning, and allow Springtrap to get closer to you.

Also, as Tama says, there is a "good" ending. (Spoilered below)

[The "bad ending" comes just from beating Night 5 normally. You witness the last Atari-style post-night cutscene and find out the fate of Purple Guy, the child murderer (possibly) responsible for the terrors of the first two games, and certainly responsible for the terrors of the third.

The "neutral" ending comes from beating Nightmare (Night 6). You find out the fate of Fazbear's Fright, the horror attraction you were in charge of monitoring overnight.

The "good ending" comes from completing several minigames, accessible from Night 2 onward. Finding them is tricky, but there are clues available in the post-night cut-scenes. One hallway you can visit has empty spaces on the sides. These spaces contain different clues depending on the night. Decipher the clues properly, and you can find how to find the minigames. Granted, to properly "beat" the minigames, that's where it gets more complicated. But if you complete them appropriately (hint: deliver cakes to the crying children), then complete the "Happiest Day" minigame on Night 5, then beat Night 5, and you unlock the "good ending."
                    ]

I don't play these games, myself (the fact that there's a RNG involved means that skill doesn't always apply and you can still fail because the game decides "nope"), but I enjoy watching Let's Plays of them, like Markiplier's LPs or the Achievement Hunter LPs that Gavin and Michael did. From what I've seen, FNAF3 definitely seems easier than FNAF2.

Comment

True, there is an RNG, but at least Springtrap is the only animatronic capable of killing you.
                      Last edited by Tama; 03-11-2015, 04:09 AM.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

...apparently they're making a FNaF movie.

http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-plann...vie-1696356202

If it comes to fruition, this is either going to be extremely awesome or hilariously awful.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                          ...apparently they're making a FNaF movie.

http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-plann...vie-1696356202
                          Literally was on my way to post this.

If it comes to fruition, this is either going to be extremely awesome or hilariously awful.
                          Why can't it be both?

Markiplier needs a cameo.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Markiplier needs a cameo.
                            I am pediophobic to the extent that last week's creepy doll themed episode of FaceOff made me squirm and I had to watch the reveal portion from behind my hands, but I would beg my parents to take me to see this movie if Markiplier was in it.
                            Last edited by firecat88; 04-09-2015, 01:35 AM.
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I am pediophobic to the extent that last week's creepy doll themed episode of FaceOff made me squirm and I had to watch the reveal portion from behind my hands, but I would beg my parents to take me to see this movie if Markiplier was in it.
                              I mean, there'll be some clip or other to deal with what happens to previous security guards, surely. Get Markiplier in to do that.

You cannot make a FNaF movie without Markiplier. He is the KING OF FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S!

Comment

Working...
                              X