Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's all kinds, and certainly there are facets of entertainment where what the performer looks like is the least of your worries.

Yes, I was thinking of her particular genre there. If she wants to be a professional singer in that particular style of singing, she's going to have to doll up. At least for performances. Doing it for round two would show the judges that she's serious about it as a career. Not doing it would show (me at least, and I hope) them that she's not.

"Take me as I am or leave me" doesn't work in every situation.

Comment

I watched the bit that was played on GMA and they stated that Simon had signed her with his recording label. So......she has been signed...

Comment

Sorry I have to go "Iew" on the kiss story. I mean really... Piers? bleeeh.

I have to agree with the Drew Barrymore comment.. because she did the "never been kissed movie" they asked her for her opinion.
        Quoth drew barrymore
        Well who am I after years of a life decision to tell her who she should kiss. But I hope it’s a good one!
        I hope it is too - IF she decides it. If she doesn't want to, it's her decision.

and don't settle for piers if you don't have to.
        bleh

Only one thing I hate about the whole thing...
        that girl who rolled her eyes when Susan said "I want to be a professional singer."

Um hellooo? You're just sitting on your ass watching. You're not doing anything brave or creative.
        And now the country now knows how judgmental you are - and how wrong you are too.

*goes back to watching the video again*
        Last edited by PepperElf; 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Sorry I have to go "Iew" on the kiss story. I mean really... Piers? bleeeh.
          Well, apparently she has a crush on him. *shrug* He was also flattered that she preferred him to Simon.

And I feel sorry for everyone on Earth because this is reminding me of a million Shoujo manga storylines.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

well in that case... if she wants that kiss...
            i might question her taste but... hey go for it

and watching it again, it looks like piers was choked up too

Comment

Are you all looking at the same Piers that I am? Num num num . . . Simon ain't bad, but . . .

Comment

Piers is pretty easy on the eyes. So is Simon. But then, I always liked older men. ^_~
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Piers and Simon are both good looking men, but, as Susan Boyle has illustrated...looks don't really mean a lot.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

good point.
                    she can sing better than either of them

Comment

So it's definite that she's been signed? I want a CD right now!

Comment

Well you'll have to wait until after the competition. Nothing is going to get released till then, I'd warrant.

Comment

nothing yet. yeah i suspect if she gets signed it'll be like Paul Potts... they announced at the Royal thingy that his CD would be coming out in 2 weeks.

all in the timing.

i bet her charity CD is in high demand now tho

Comment

Its now being said that this kid has replaced her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU4IkzMNIo

I don't think he's as good as Susan Boyle (he is good, just not as good).

And did Simon flip him off (2:10 ish)??
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Nah, he's good but not that good. She'll still win.

Did Simon know or something? Looks like a setup.

Comment

about her? I don't think so. one of the things i love watching from that clip is how his expression changes... from "Oh God, this is going to be painful" to "What? She can sing?....<rapt gaze>"

Plus Pierce said they were all kinda stifling their laughter at her (at first).

I did think at first that those 2 guys on the side (ant and dec?) knew, but... after watching clips they seem to act the same way to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X