Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. I'm the only person on this planet to not have read the books or seen the movies.

Probably have to get the movie from Netflix and see it. (deep, resigned sigh). I hate vampires. So played. Meh.

Vampires probably ought not sparkle. They are not faeries or elves.

Which brings me to my LOTR beef. How come Legolas didn't sparkle? Shouldn't he have? They could have at least made him glow in the dark a little.

At some point, gonna have to probably watch Twilight.

Here's something kind of funny, though. I am almost dead certain that one of the sketches that was done for my blog the artist used that guy from Twilight as a model. Which I think is pretty funny, actually. I don't know for a fact she did, but I would bet that she did. And I'm so clueless it was months later before I realized it. It's a good pic, I dont' mind.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Which brings me to my LOTR beef. How come Legolas didn't sparkle? Shouldn't he have? They could have at least made him glow in the dark a little.
      <WHACK!>

Fantasy elf, not fairy tale elf. Fantasy elves are ancient beings that waged wars long before humans even came around. Fairy tale elves are the happy go lucky freaks.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        <WHACK!>

Fantasy elf, not fairy tale elf. Fantasy elves are ancient beings that waged wars long before humans even came around. Fairy tale elves are the happy go lucky freaks.
        No! No, wait! Don't hit!

Tolkien himself said the guy glowed in the dark a little! There were a couple times he mentioned it. He gives off light.

Comment

No! No, wait! Don't hit!

Tolkien himself said the guy glowed in the dark a little! There were a couple times he mentioned it. He gives off light.
          Sparkling is not glowing. Glowing is not sparkling. Tolkien's elves glowed due to their connection with magic and the higher earths. I can forgive Legolas's not glowing because his people were further removed from the higher earths than the rest of the elves, thus while Galadriel had a noticeable glow in the movies, they may have decided that it wouldn't be to a noticeable degree on Legolas.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Tho, if he had sparkled, everyone would have whacked Meyer and accused her of copying. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Tho, if he had sparkled, everyone would have whacked Meyer and accused her of copying. XD
              I would have whacked Jackson actually. With a lead pipe, repeatedly.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Good lord. The Reelz and E! channels seem to have become All Twilight, All The Time.

The only aspect I'm even remotely curious about is to see how the werewolves are done, but even that doesn't justify a ticket and sitting with a few hundred drooling fangirls.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  how the werewolves are done,
                  Poorly. I've seen clips. Think large, mangy wolves. No half/half mode, nothing distinctive. And it's not even good CG. Remember, you're not supposed to side with them, so what's the point in making them done well.

Comment

I dunno. I'm the only person on this planet to not have read the books or seen the movies.
                    No, you're not the only one. Haven't read the books or seen the movie, and I don't plan to. I've read a few passages and they did not make me want to read any more.

I did read some girl's LiveJournal synopsis of the first book (someone linked it in a thread a while back), which was pretty funny. If she did the rest of the books, I'd probably read it.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      No half/half mode, nothing distinctive.
                      I haven't seen the clips but in the books there was no real transitional period- at least for Jacob. He mastered the transformation very quickly and could do it instantaneously. So, at least that's one point they stayed with the book for if nothing else.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                        He mastered the transformation very quickly and could do it instantaneously. So, at least that's one point they stayed with the book for if nothing else.
                        All well and fine, but isn't the point of a werewolf to be half-man, half-wolf, traditionally? There are some mythos where they can be full man, full wolf, and then a hybrid, too, but it's very rare that it's simply full man and full wolf as the shapes they have. I see it as just another perversion on Meyer's part of the natural monster order.

Comment

Now that I've seen the latest New Moon trailer for the 547823rd time, I'm seeing just how obvious/bad the CG is. The wolves look like something out of WoW or any other MMORPG (if not worse).

Personally, I liked how BBC's Being Human handled the transformation. There are some therians who believe a person can physically change shape, when in reality that would be extraordinarily painful if not kill someone outright.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Somewhat --I may have to stop eating at Burger King until they're done with their New Moon promotions.

Otherwise--and I learned this the hard way--I'm going to have Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and some other guy (maybe that Taylor Lautner?) staring hungrily at me from my drink cup.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Are you kidding me Irving? The BK commercials crack me up since they poke so much fun at how ridiculous the fandom is.

My friend is kidnapping me to see New Moon today. Wish me luck (I am not a Twilight Movie fan.)

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                                My friend is kidnapping me to see New Moon today. Wish me luck (I am not a Twilight Movie fan.)
                                hahahahaha

Oh. erm, good luck.
                                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                                HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                                X