Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Explosions at Boston Marathon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Explosions at Boston Marathon!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

Maybe a third explosion has happened. This is scary.

Excuse my language but... fuck. 2 dead so far 22 injured. 2 bombs went off IN THE CROWD at the finish line. Police detonated a third that was found under the VIEWING STANDS.
    My Wajas cave

Comment

Folks with weak stomachs shouldn't go looking for pics. Blood, bodies ripped apart.

I hope all Boston-area CSers are safe.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This is heartbreaking. I have a couple of friends who were running today and their families would have been in the crowds. I will worry about their safety until I hear from my friends. So far no word from either of them, but with the chaos, I don't think updating their FB pages would be a priority.

My prayers for everybody affected.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Up to 23 injured now and now they're saying some of the injuries were 'traumatic amputations" I hope everyone survives :\
          My Wajas cave

Comment

How horrible. I pray that nothing else happens

A friend of mine was running today but thankfully has been in touch via Facebook.

Comment

How many CSers are in Boston? Would be good to get a heads up to know people are safe.

Rapscallion

Comment

Reporting another bomb went off at the JFK Library in Boston. Didn't hear if there were any injuries. Also if you're trying to get ahold of anyone there via cellphone, be advised cellphone service to Boston has been shutdown due to possible remote detonation.

As of 5:12pm EST They are reporting still 2 dead at the marathon and 23 injured. No injuries reported at the library explosion.
                Last edited by Bramble; 04-15-2013, 09:13 PM. Reason: adding
                My Wajas cave

Comment

OK here.

My youngest younger brother was about a block away. Texted our mother that he's fine, thank God.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
                    Up to 23 injured now and now they're saying some of the injuries were 'traumatic amputations" I hope everyone survives :\
                    I had my mom turn the news on and I'm 99% sure that was they were filming the havoc, I saw an EMT rolling a person in a wheel chair and that person was missing the bottom half of both legs. As soon as I noticed that, the screen cut out for a few seconds then switched to a different camera.

My two friends who live in Boston are okay and my friend who was in the marathon is safe and on his way home.

I'm personally physically sick. I can't take these kinds of stories anymore. It's one of the reasons I couldn't stay in Afghanistan any longer. Well over 1,000 incidents that I've read involving IEDs that left me nauseous and upset every time.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

They just reported that what was believed to be a third explosion at JFK Library was an accidental fire. So thank God for that at least.
                      My Wajas cave

Comment

Here's the situation, as it's understood right now.

Two bombs, 100 yards apart along Boylston St near the finish line of the Marathon. Two defused bombs, one at the Public Library, about a block after the finish line (near the "finish chute"), and another at the Mandarin Hotel. Possibly a fifth bomb, but at least a fire in the mechanical room at JFK Library.

Hospitals are locked down with extra security. They're being rather close-mouthed about this, which worries me.

The cellular network around the Boston metro area is shut down to prevent any more remote triggering of bombs.

All flights into Logan Airport grounded.

2 dead, somewhere between 50-100 injured, including children.

The last mile of bleachers had reserved seating for families from Newtown, CT.

Somehow, the people I knew who were running the marathon finished about 40 minutes before the explosions.

Somehow, the people I know who attended the marathon weren't at the finish line.

Somehow, my high school X-Country team didn't go to watch the marathon this year.

There were no credible threats in advance of today. This was completely unexpected, and there's no word as to who is behind any of it.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                          OK here.

My youngest younger brother was about a block away. Texted our mother that he's fine, thank God.
                          I'm so glad to hear he's safe!
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My Mom is currently waiting to hear if a couple of her friends are okay. She helps with water and he runs.

Comment

My brother-in-law's parents and sister live in Boston. Hell, his parents live not too far from where the bombs went off. Thankfully, they're all safe.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                              X