Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt hits the dirt as the bolt sizzles overhead, right where his solar plexus had been moments before. "baQa'jay!! WATCH where you fire those, ya k'pekt!"

Comment

• Electra just shrugs. "If I had intended to hit you, believe me.. I would have." ((Get the impression he is a jerk?)) "Now I wonder where our little friend went off to?"

"We still need to contain the humans. The rest of our team is now arriving. You two worry about the skip, we will contain the humans as long as we can."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• It's hard to tell because of how alien Sapputiyok looks, but anyone who's paying attention notices from xer body language that xe is very angry when Electra initially ignores xer advice to quarantine the infected. Xer anger only increases when Electra suggests that Sappuityok or Colt should have taken out the skip already. Xe shakes with barely-contained fury, which abates slightly when Electra finally says that he'll worry about keeping the humans contained.

Sapputiyok turns to Colt and blurts out, "I can track the skip, but I don't think my gift will affect him. I'll lead you to him, but you'll need to shoot him or something." Xe turns and starts running down the street towards the skip, using xer powers to dodge infected and hop over obstacles.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt swears more and more inventively in a growing number of dialects of gibberish, and even some factual languages as he follows Sapputiyok as best he can. Once, he has to butt-stroke an Infected, but he is otherwise nimble for a man in his mid-to-late-thirties/early-forties.

Comment

• You reach the skip, and it is obvious he is not looking for you this soon. Apparently he doesn't know as much about Sapputiyok's power as he thinks he does. Right now he is mixing a couple of beakers together.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Colt takes the fastest rifle shot he's ever taken, blasting both beakers, and striking the skip in the shoulder.
              Speed, Steel! We gotta knock him out! FAST!

Comment

• Your suit comes apart quickly, forming a different form and connects to your body. Definitely streamlined, and you just FEEL faster. Steel takes over for just a moment, rocketing you right next to him, landing blows faster then you can even think. He drops like a ton of hammers. Steel says (To Colt) "We might not do much damage in this form, but it really adds up fast. I would advise, however, that we do not let him wake up?" Colt is now back in control of the suit.

Comment

• Colt asks, "Is Void close by? Wonder if he can keep this out like a light?"

Comment

• Sapputiyok responds, "I suggest we don't give him the option." Colt sees a slight shimmer in the air around the skip's head as Sapputiyok forms a field around his head to prevent air from reaching the skip's nose and mouth. Xe watches for signs of consciousness in the skip.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Hey, hey, hey! We need him alive, unless Strongman says otherwise! He's already tried to get in my head to make me kill him. Why not keep him unconscious?"

Comment

• Not ending the field around the skip's head, Sapputiyok barks a response at Colt. "He's an avatar of death! He caused that infection that's spreading through the people out there! And Strongarm said we could eliminate him! Ugh, I almost wish I had that device of Dawn's right now, so you could see what I see."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• With xer sight, she can sense the skip slipping away. He won't wake before he dies. Probably not for many hours. There is no struggle, as he is out cold.

Something echoes in Sapputiyok's mind. "A push here, a pull there. It would be so easy." Why that phase suddenly comes back to her is anybody's guess.

Steel says (Outloud for all to here) "Got to go with your partner there Colt. He wakes up and he can be on the other side of the world in a thought."

Goldie arrives. She sees what is going on, and just sits back and watches. Her face expressionless, it is hard to tell if she approves or not.

Comment

• After a heartbeat's thought, Colt drew a combat knife, rolled the skip over and buried the blade to the hilt in skip's skull. A butt-stroke of the rifle crushed the knife through to the opposite side of the skull.
                            As the gore sprayed and splattered on Colt, he sighed, "Worse than the bust-gone-wrong that killed Haley."

When they get back to the Nexus, Colt spends "a few days" off to himself and not saying or socializing much. It's enough to get folks talking, as he's not normally this quiet.

Comment

• Strongarm gives both of you a few days to 'unwind'. Since people handle difficult things differently, most of the people will wait until Colt is ready before bothering him. Even Steel is quiet.

A few days pass, and Colt wakes up standing in the 'Core'. No idea how he got there, or what he was doing there. A few hours later the 'time lapse' happens again. He was headed back to his room, but does not remember the trip back to the room.

Meanwhile Strongarm calls Sapputiyok into his office. "I've noticed an .. unsettling trend. I am not sure you partnering with Colt is a good idea. He seems to have trouble trusting his partner to do anything that might be difficult. If you want, I can switch up the teams. It is your call."

Comment

• Confused, Colt headed to the firing range. He was found by another agent an hour later.
                                "Colt? You okay?"
                                Colt looked at the agent, "I just appeared in the 'Core' with no clue why; a few days ago, I watched somebody who ought to never harm another soul half-smother a perp just so xe could watch me butcher the bastard like a hog. YEAH! I'M PEACHY!! You people don't understand!! It's a BOUNTY HUNTER'S JOB to bring in a skip "Dead Or Alive"!! You IDP folks AREN'T Bounty Hunters, and you have policies and procedures! *I* DON'T! I just sniff 'em out, hunt 'em down, and bring 'em in."
                                Colt the Hound ignored Steel asking him to calm down. "IDP has procedures and those procedures often protect you all from the burdens of having to be a legalized killer. Soldiers and bounty hunters are the only folks that should ever be forced to kill. Go report to Strongman what I just said, and if he wants to take action, fine. He needs to know my opinion from somebody else. Now go the away and leave me to try and figure out my last few days' activities."

Comment

Working...
                                X