Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt thinks, We really need to work on my communication skills, don't we? Looking at Shem, he says, "Stealth."

Comment

• Sapputiyok "Not much hurts them, but there is something that will." As she climbs out of the vehicle she says something the translator can not seem to translate. A glowing staff appears in Sapputiyok's hands. "Light is their enemy. The brighter the better." She draws two golden swords. "You don't have to defeat them, just keep one busy. One on one they are no match for me." You get the feeling that is not boasting.

The shadow elves do make one mistake, they discount you. Both seem to be focusing on Goldie. While you may not have the thousands of years of skill that Goldie has, she has been training you.. so you are not exactly a slouch either.

Colt

You become totally invisible. We can't do this form for too long, but it comes in handy. Shem seems to blend into the background also, so you don't have to worry about them. A little further in you start picking up the strange organic substance that you found at the scene of the crime. You may have just found the perpetrators home dimension. Thing is, most of the machines like Steel are fighting against the humanoids, and it is definitely a humanoid creature that travels dimensions.. you need information. History, background, etc. Steel won't be much help, he doesn't remember where he comes from or much about its own past.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok hefts the glowing staff, taking note that its weight is much greater than xe would have expected of a weapon that appears to be made of pure light. Both the shadow elves are facing Goldie, so Sapputiyok moves up behind one of them and swings the staff around to knock his feet out from under him. Since he hadn't considered xer a threat, the attack completely surprises him, and he lands flat on his back. Sapputiyok brings the end of the staff down in the middle of his chest in an attempt to knock the air out of him.

Though xer attention is primarily on the two shadow elves in front of xer, xe keeps an "eye" out with xer sixth sense, to make sure no others approach while xe and Goldie are distracted.

((Since I'm not sure what the capabilities of the shadow elves are, or even if such an attack would work as I imagine it, I'm going to pause here to see what their reactions are.))
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt finds a hiding place, and thinks not stealth, or whatever the code for normal operation is. To Shem he whispers, "We gotta find out more information. Steel can only do invisible for short bursts, and I'm not exactly willing to push that line here."

Comment

• Sapputiyok

The staff connects with.. something. It does not seem to be flesh or bone, but there is something solid at least for it to connect to. It passes clean through the shadow, which disperses. The shadow reforms to a standing form, but you can tell it is gravely injured now. Suddenly everything goes black, but then your 'extra sight' (which the shadow elf would not know you have) kicks in and you can sense where everything is. You realize it has used some sort of magic to blind your normal sight.

Colt

Shem nods. "Stay here, I will be back. Remain hidden, I can get the info we need without revealing myself."

((If you wait for her, if not let me know and I will adjust the post))

She returns. "Before the war..two prototypes were created. The first was the more powerful of the two, able to do everything the second can.. but also cross dimensional boundaries. However, it had such a limited power supply when it was used to cross dimensions that that was removed from the second prototype. Get this..the first prototype lasted roughly an hour before having to recharge when crossing dimensions. I think we now know why he is only there an hour. Anyhow the prototypes were copied..each with various abilities, but for some reason they could not recreate either prototypes success. Eventually the AI in the copies decided that it would not be a slave to mankind anymore. It just wanted freedom. The humanoids could not let it go..so the war started. Looks like the bad guys here are the humanoids. No record as to where the second prototype went."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok stands still and "watches" with xer sixth sense for a moment.

((Does the shadow elf xe struck appear ready to attack xer, or is he doing something else? Is Goldie holding her own against the other shadow elf? Is Huvana still safe in the vehicle?))
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Goldie already has knocked out her enemy, the other Shadow elf was getting ready to attack you, but realizes it is two on one. Goldie throws what looks like a dagger toward it, but it vanishes a split second before the dagger hits. The darkness over your normal senses vanishes when the foe does.

((Goldie is a master at melee combat, it wouldn't take her long to take out most opponents if they close to melee with her))

Goldie sheathes her weapons. "Hopefully that is the last of the surprises..but we can not relax yet. First, I am not happy about taking somebody to their death, and second .. there may be an assassin at the meeting."

Comment

• "Though she may seem a bit young to make such a decision, it is her choice to make. It is an honorable choice. I cannot object.

"And we'll just have to be extra alert in case there is an assassin at the meeting."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "," Colt said. Steel, I'm pretty sure you are not going to like what I'm about to ask of you, but I need you to trust me. I need you to look like a drover's coat, a tigerstripe camo shirt, a 317 American Civil War US belt, and a thigh holster.
                    Hoping Steel could maintain such a disguise, Colt envisioned each piece as loudly and detailed as he could think.

Comment

• Colt

((Steel explains what I've posted in the OoC. Now he can go on 'standby', and you can wear your normal outfits without worry for him, but he can only make a metallic version of the outfit you desire))

Sapputiyok

Everything goes smooth, you get the girl to the meeting, and hand her off to her security forces there. As you are walking away though, for a split second one of the guards.. shimmers under the sight the gift gives you. However, it is only for a split second, and your sight does not see anything out of the ordinary besides that.

Comment

• Sapputiyok discretely pulls Goldie aside and tries to explain what xe noticed. "I'm not sure what it is, but there seems to be something... wrong about one of the guards. Is there any way we can stay and make sure that nothing happens - make sure that Huvana is safe?"
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Goldie nods "Although I think safe is a relative term here..I have a few tricks." She mumbles something. "People will now not notice us, unless we perform a hostile action."

Comment

• Okay... then how small and compact can you get, Steel? Chainmail belt and holster?
                            To Shem, Colt said, "I'm not being lazy or indecisive; Steel and I gotta work out a disguise... for him."

Comment

• Sapputiyok nods at Goldie, then turns and follows Huvana and the guards. Xe still tries to stay out of sight, despite Goldie's magic. Xe carefully steps out of the way any time another person would bump into xer, recognizing that they won't realize xe's there. Sapputiyok keeps xer sixth sense open, watching for any sign of hostilities.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Shem, we've got to find out more about these prototypes, and we've got to do it without getting involved, killed or trapped."

Comment

Working...
                                X