Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Think modern day, just a bit more Wild West... ask him, he'll explain.))
    Jorge Garalla had knocked off three banks in NYC, one in D.C., five in Chicago, and the Federal Territory Bank of Tombstone TWICE, then vanished into the ether five years before. When the FBI and the CIA had failed to find him (BIG surprise. Not!), the young mulatto thought himself safe. He had not counted on Colt "The Hound" Walker getting his case.

I can do the Impossible, Miracles take a few days. was the rawboned Tennessean's motto, and he stuck to it. Most thought Colt insane, but they never argued with his end results. The Hound had sniffed and hunted and scratched and fetched for Garalla's arse, now worth $500k to the bounty hunter who brought him in, and had tracked him down in San Jacinto just three weeks before.

Now, some Kelly Hu-wanna-be and a werewolf -of all damned things- had just run Garalla over with her "Mad Max the Road Warrior" International and was trying to order Colt around after bashing him through a wall, killing the best stud racehorse for nine states, and costing Colt five hundred large. Not happening; not today. From behind the transaction desk, Colt drew his rifle and put four three-round bursts into the beast's chest, tossing it onto its back. Then, removing himself from the lap of the prettiest young Navajo he'd ever had the pleasure of landing on, Colt aimed at the Matrix Woman.
    "Well, as I highly doubt your Model 1887 can out-shoot my L85 here, and you just cost me $500 large by running over MY skip, my answer is not only 'No' but--"

At that moment, the "werewolf-thing" got up, growled and braced to pounce!

Colt leaped over the desk, drew his pistol and emptied the 14-round magazine into the thing's chest as he tackled "Kelly Hu" into the truck. Not even looking at his surroundings, I'll figure out when Garalla slipped me the peyote later!, he shouted, "DRIVE, DAMN YOU!!" at the driver and reloaded.
    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Sapputiyok takes the firearm and leans out the window to aim at the vehicle xe and Goldie are chasing. A look of concentration shows on xer face as xe steadies the weapon. Sapputiyok "looks" with xer sixth sense, trying to find a weak spot on the vehicle. Finding one, xe shoots it.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Sapputiyok shot not only hit the mark, but at the impact xe felt a 'pull' on her powers from the weapon..and it sent the vehicle flipping several times into the air. Somehow the weapon can draw power from it's user, and amplify it's own.

Goldie pulls in right behind the overturned vehicle "Oooh, don't think anybody's getting up from that any time soon." She was wrong however. Two figures emerge, barely looking scratched. One transforms into a panther looking humanoid creature, the other into a cheetah humanoid creature. Goldie utters the first curse word Sapputiyok has ever heard from her " were creatures. So that is how they are enhanced." She looks at Sapputiyok "Fire or silver are the only things that will keep them down. They can be hurt, but not killed except by the fire or silver. I can't do silver, I can do fire. What trick do you have up your sleeve?"

Meanwhile the oriental female is surprised at the maneuver for about maybe 2 seconds. "Dump your worthless ammo" She slaps the dash and Colt sees all kinds of silver bullets in the glove compartment, even ones that will fit his weapon. "Only chance we have. I can't let that thing take this bank." She spins the vehicle around and says "Reaper, show 'em what you got." The vehicle starts driving backwards on its own, as she leans out the window firing her gun. The wolf is FAST though, and is managing to dodge her barrage. She curses colorfully, and the car does a 180 and she talks to 'Reaper' again..whoever and whatever Reaper is. "Reaper, can we do a merge with an extra person in you?"

To Colts surprise the car answers back. "Fraid not beautiful, don't worry I still got a few tricks!" Flame comes from its tail pipe, hitting the wolf, but only slowing it a little. "Dang what the heck they jacked up on?!" says 'Reaper'
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Och, fer th' love o' Sent Paytar," ((Translated: For love of Saint Peter)) Colt shouted in an OBVIOUSLY FAKE Irish accent, reloading his rifle and pistol as he did so. Then, putting action to outburst, he began crawling over everyone to get out of the cab. With a laugh that could only be uttered by the mad... or the exceedingly desperate... he sticks two fingers in his mouth and whistles loudly and shrilly enough to match nails on slate.

"Hey UGLY!" The wolf looks around, as does the panther. "Why don't you drag your f-ugly pelts over here and take on a REAL fight?!"

You are going to get yourself killed, you know, his inner monologue noted.
          He gave this retort, Shut up. If I pull this off like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, I might get a chance with the pretty Navajo. What a figure, and she did pinch my butt.

Just then, the wolf took up the charge with a howl. Colt knew this trick, though. Charge in as a buddy does the same, the noisy one goes high and the quiet one goes low; classic knife-in-the-back.
          He waited, then turned and jumped toward the leaping wolf. Right on cue, there was the panther, behind Colt. Three rounds of silver 5.56 NATO slammed through the panther's face, and blew its brains and the back of its skull all over "Reaper"s side panels. The wolf landed in the gore, only to receive nine rounds in the back. Colt kept sliding along the floor another foot from the slight recoil.
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Sapputiyok starts climbing out of the vehicle and says to Goldie, "Use your fire. I'll--" Sapputiyok's words are cut short as the werecheetah trips xer, knocking xer to the ground. Sapputiyok sits up to see the cheetah turning around to charge at xer again. Xe scrambles to ready the firearm, shooting it as it nears. The recoil sends Sapputiyok flying backwards, and xe "grabs" hold of the ground to right xerself and land on xer feet.

Out of the corner of xer eye, Sapputiyok sees a fireball erupt in the vicinity of the panther. Xe keeps xer focus on the cheetah. It appears injured, but it is still moving. As it rises to its feet, Sapputiyok reaches out and grabs anything flammable xe can - bunches of dried grass, newspapers out of a vending machine, etc. - and heats them to make them burn as xe throws them at the cheetah. Xe lucks upon a half-full bottle of alcohol, which bursts into flame as it smashes at the cheetah's feet.

It barely slows the cheetah down. It rushes at Sapputiyok, who almost instinctively throws up a shield of protection. But it pushes right through it, bites down on xer shoulder, and throws xer at its vehicle. Sapputiyok "looks" around for other things to throw at it and "sees" a nice, full, gas tank in the vehicle. Xe rips the gascap off and feeds a stream of gasoline at the cheetah. The gas ignites as it hits the already flaming cheetah, which tries to run, but only makes it a few steps before being taken down by the flames. Sapputiyok watches as the cheetah's aura goes out.

Sapputiyok winces at the pain in xer shoulder as xe stands to help Goldie with the panther. Having survived the initial fireball, it is advancing on Goldie. Goldie is pulling off her gloves. The panther seems to take this as an invitation to fight, and it snarls as it pounces on her. Goldie rolls with the attack, flipping the panther onto its back on the street. Barely a second later, she is standing up from a gold statue of a panther. Sapputiyok still sees the panther's aura, but it is muted. Goldie retrieves her gloves.

Goldie sees the cheetah's body smoldering in the street. Sapputiyok says of it, "horrible way to die." Goldie frowns, "I've seen worse."
            Last edited by Ghel; 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Remembering the first time he'd shot either opponent, Colt waited for them to get back up, as he was not in a good position to fight. True, he'd just used up half a magazine of ammo that likely cost more than Garalla had been worth, ALIVE, but damn if Colt was going to lower his guard just yet.

Comment

Sapputiyok

Goldie is obviously exhausted from the effort put fort from the fireball and transforming the werecreature into a golden statue. Her magic must have limits, and that includes her 'golden touch'. Whatever arcane energy she had drawn on obviously depleted, she won't be able to draw off of any time soon.

Sapputiyok sees the 'vortex' appear near the bank that Colt and his mystery partner is. That can not be good.

Colt

Back at the Bank both of the were beasts start transforming back to their human counterparts, obviously quite dead. Colt sees something like a shadow pass over the wolf one however, just for a split second. The werewolf stops transforming, and reverts back to its werewolf state..and gets up, gaping holes still in its chest area. It is moving slower at least. It's eyes have a milk white film over them, and it is lurching as if its muscles are resisting movement.

Colts mystery partner says "What the FRELL?" She pumps its face full of silver, but the wounds heal almost instantly "What the bloody FRELL?!" As Colt is no longer in the vehicle she shouts. "Reaper! Merge!"

The vehicle shimmers, and seems to overlap the female. Soon it is a Mech looking like suit of armor. The beast rips into it, it's strength seemingly even greater then before, and a huge chunk is taken out of the Mech armor. It starts repairing, but it is going to take a little time.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Aw, s***." Colt scrambled to his feet. Looking around quickly, he noted the chunk ripped free of the mech slightly resembled a blade. Thinking on the run, he snatched up the piece of shrapnel and swung it like a huge blade, severing the beast's head and cutting into "Reaper" slightly.

Comment

The beast stumbles, stops..and picks up its head. It tries to reattach the head, but doesn't seem to have any luck. So it tucks it's head under its arm. At least now there is one arm taken away.

"We need fire, lots and lots of fire..what they frell is this thing!"

Comment

Colt goes white as death as he watches this spectacle. "Oh... dear... Lord... We are so dead."

Comment

'Reaper' springs two gatling guns from it's 'arms'. It unleashes a barrage of silver ammo that rips into the werebeast. Chunks of flesh go flying from it, and its head is made into mush. When the firing stops, and the smoke clears..a huge skeletal figure still stands..but there is nothing left of it's head. Still it lumbers toward the two. "Friggin Frell! I just pumped enough silver into the thing to take down an army of them, how is it still moving? Better yet, how does it seem to know where we are?!"

Elsewhere

Goldie knows nothing about the vortex, gets in her vehicle, and fires a couple of missles, reducing the other vehicle to slag. "Should we head back to the town to see if our partners have cleared up the semi yet?"

Comment

"Yes. Let's go." Sapputiyok picks up the firearm and jumps back into the vehicle. "We should hurry. I sensed another one of those void - vortex things near the semi. Like I sensed when the bone beast arrived at my home. Our 'partners' may need help."

As they drive, Sapputiyok examines xer shoulder. ((I'm going to assume there's an (at least) modern first-aid kit in the vehicle and that first-aid was part of the training.)) Xe uncovers xer shoulder and sprays it with some liquid bandage to stop the bleeding. Xe moves and twists xer shoulder to make sure nothing's broken.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

((Yes first aid would be covered, and there is a first aid kit. Now as for Goldy not paying attention to a wound..she is still getting used to 'flesh'. She doesn't get wounded ((well unless a chunk is taken out of her)), and still has no idea that people not made of metal can))

Sapputiyok develops a little headache, and suddenly 'sees' from the viewpoint of the werewolf that is near Colt. Xe can hear something like the pounding of drums, and feels like something is trying to pull her toward the drums. Xe gets snapped back to xer body, and realizes xe is snarling and xe has teeth and claws, for about a second and then they are as they should be.
                            Last edited by Mytical; 07-16-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

((Sapputiyok would not be the type to complain about a wound, unless it was likely to interfere with xer duties.))

Sapputiyok glances at Goldie to see if she noticed xer momentary transformation. "I feel... a bit strange. Whatever enhancement those 'were creatures' had - is it catching?"
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Goldie shakes her head "No, they were created in a lab, each strain would be specific to the individual.. one way to make sure though." She uses a device to scan you. "Trace elements, but you won't transform. Might have some other odd side affects however."

Within moments Goldie and Sapputiyok arrive outside the bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X