X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obnoxious

Anyone been to Kmart lately?

At my store, and I assume others, for the past two weeks they've been printing out coupons after the receipt.

Not just one either.

Coupon prints, out comes one, two, three, four five inch pieces of paper that are coupons.
    This doesn't happen with people who buy like $100 worth of stuff. It happens with EVERYONE who buys more than $10 of merchandise.

So for the past two weeks I've had to endure people's never ending comments:
    "Wow did I hit the jackpot?!"
    "Well that's saving trees!"
    "Is all that for me!?"
    "Oh ho ho, what's all that?!"
    "Bet you have to change your paper a lot huh?"
    "Wow that's a lot of paper!!"

Not to mention the people who, once I try to hand it all to them, neatly, they just stare at me like I'm insane to give them all that paper, like it's my fault, my diabolical plan to annoy them.

I've just taken to pretty much ignoring people's replies, hand them the paper, and say have a good day and move on to the next customers.

And the coupons? They're good, if you spend a certain amount. Like $5 off of $25 cosmetics purchase.

But EVERYONE who shops at Kmart does not always spend more than $25 or $50. People get these coupons if they spend $10.50.

It's so obnoxious. When it first started, I thought it was just for the Sunday. Then it continued through the week. Then Sunday came around again, and they were still printing.

Oh, and they expire about a week or two after they're given. Sometime in the first week of July or something.

I just want it to END!

They are doing that in a lot of places, and have been for a while. Walgreens does it, I think Safeway does too. From my perspective, getting them is kinda annoying cause I don't usually make it back there in a reasonable amount of time.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

CVS does it too.

I love coupons as much as the next gal, but I have to say, those really long receipts? Annoying. I wish there were an opt-out function.
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        Walgreens does it
        yeah walgreens tries to "match the purchase with other items that might fit in"

I buy ensure because with my job you really don't want to eat anything(testing food samples for bacteria-icky), but know I need something and I can usually choke down a bottle of ensure at least without gagging(my job smells very bad). So no I really don't need coupons for "loving care" hair dye(my hair is purple thank you), or centrum silver-what only old people can buy ensure?
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
        X