Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for customer service reps: especially ones working for health insurance co

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for customer service reps: especially ones working for health insurance co

Dealing with difficult customers reminds me of a job I had beginning in April 2003 & ending in February 2004 when I was laid off.
    I worked in the healthcare industry as a file clerk. My desk was located in the collections area, & so I heard the collectors make their phone calls. One particular collector argued on the phone with the customer service reps regarding almost anything (ex: repeating information, being transferred to a manager, constantly leaving voice mail messages at a manager’s extension ect.). She did this because she felt that the more she argued the more results she would get.

My questions for the customer service reps are….

• How effective is arguing?
    • Do managers ignore voice mails from people like this?

arguing is never a good thing, it always gets out of control and a request for a manager always follows.

I think that may answer your question, if not let me know.

Comment

Arguing gets a whole lot of nothing accomplished fast. I always do my best to avoid arguments when I can, but even then that's all some callers want is to argue.

It depends on the manager and the workers relationship on the voice mails thing. If the worker is leaving voice mails about legit issues the manager needs to be handling then I imagine they get the same priority that the manager would give any other issue. If the manager knows the person to be a problem employee they probably do the same thing they do with bad resumes and delete the voice mail faster than you can say shredder.

Collections work is a whole different beast all together though because of federal regulations on what debt collectors are and are not allowed to do. (at least in the states)

Comment

Working...
      X