This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of Website baker

I made my very first website with Websitebaker. Now I need to get rid of it, but there was no uninstall.

So I tried what I read from one forum, delete all files and folders included WB. This far I have got several messages (I'm doing this deleting through Filezilla) that I have no rights to delete some folders. I tried to change the ownership to them, but no luck.
    I did have this same problem, when my first pages broke down. I tried to remove some folders before I'd do new installation, but I had no rights. So I simply renamed it xxxshit and moved on. I seem to have rights to move folders into other, so I put all to that xxxshit folder. Well, that's a way to get around the problem and keep going, but I sill would like to see those files go away.

It seems those files are owned by apache, that's sql, right?
    Could I mess much and all if I try to remove that sql database I had to set for WB?

Quoth Web_Pict View Post
    It seems those files are owned by apache, that's sql, right?
    Could I mess much and all if I try to remove that sql database I had to set for WB?
    Apache and SQL are VASTLY different things.

Apache is a company that makes various pieces of software, including a web server. SQL is "Structured Query Language", which is essential for databases.

You may be able to remove this Website Baker thing by using the Add/Remove programs feature on your computer.

What are the messages you're getting, and when are they happening? That may help diagnose the problem.

Also, are you logged into your machine as an administrator?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

So those files are owned by system...

And they are in the server where from I bought some disk space for my pages. I did ask my operator earlier to delete them, they gave me a script to change the rights, but still I couldn't delete that folder. Now I have more of them. I would love to get rid of them, but seems like they shall stay there 'til the day the server dies. Just some space I can not use...

Comment

Quoth Web_Pict View Post
        So those files are owned by system...

And they are in the server where from I bought some disk space for my pages. I did ask my operator earlier to delete them, they gave me a script to change the rights, but still I couldn't delete that folder. Now I have more of them. I would love to get rid of them, but seems like they shall stay there 'til the day the server dies. Just some space I can not use...
        *How* are you trying to delete them?

Even if you are now the owner, they may have attributes that mean you can't get rid of them without an exta step.

A lot depends on how you are trying to do the delete. from unix (or related) commandline, being in the xxxshit directory and them issuoing an rm -rf would get most stuff (and royally mess things up if you are in the wrong directory). But there might be sadditional parameters required for some file attributes (I'd have to look stuff up).

If you are working thru something else (like an FTP program, then things are different..
        Details are needed to give you help.

Comment

Web_Pict:

What's the OS on the host machine? If Windows, what version? What's the file system? (NTFS, ext*, etc.)

(It seems strange to me that you can MOVE the directories, but not DELETE them.)
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Solved

Looks like this is working now.
            I did run again the php script my operator sent me some time ago, and now I can delete folders in FileZilla. But I'm still wondering why did it not help the first time I tried. It did tell me that it fixed problem, but still I could not delete any folder or file. Now FZ keeps telling me 250 DELE command successful.

Comment

Working...
            X