This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Fail

I found some sort of rectangular, heavy, black plastic device at work the other day. I knew it was some kind of electronic hand-held thing, but when I went to turn it on to look for the owner's info...I couldn't find the switch.

I fail.

Turned out it was an iPhone. I'd never seen one before. The lady who lost it came back and told me what it was. Aren't those things incredibly expensive? You'd think she'd be more careful with it.

Edit: Oh dear, I meant to put this in General Work Chat. Mods please move if you think it's better there. Thanks!
    Last edited by AnaKhouri; 06-21-2009, 06:31 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Eh, depending on what generation it was, it might be around $200 to replace. The price dropped significantly a few months after release, and there's a few gens since then. But really, it's like any other phone, in that if it slips from your pocket/purse, you might not notice until it's time for you to make a call.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

the lady who lost it is f'ing lucky she got it back
      ipods, itouches, iphones... are usually gone forever when you leave them unattended in public

Comment

Heh. I found one at a cash register, next to the atm thingy, I picked it up not looking at it thinking it was the part I punch my PIN number into. I then did some sort of "Uhhh... here. It was sitting here" to the cashier.

Comment

Find 'em all the time at registers. Or getting reported to us by ppl who want us to stop immediately and search for it. Sorry, but I've got work to do...

Comment

I had an iphone left at my work, we get phones left there all the time but not usually that pricey. I did my usual routine of going into the contacts and checking for a home number. Bingo got it, so I called the number. Turned out to belong to one of our employees that had been there earlier in the day working out. She thanked me profusely and was there in 10 mins. I gave her a hard time about leaving something like that around. She looked appropriately embarresed. It just amazes me, my phone doesn't leave my site if it's not in my pocket.
            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

That lady was lucky to get that back. If it was somebody else they would've kept it and I doubt that AT&T covers it on their phone insurance.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
              X