This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I get sacked?

I work in a sucky call centre in UK and they suspended me because a customer requested a manager and I said I cannot put her through because she was not allowed access to the account

all the managers there when you go up to them to ask them whether theyll take the call theyre all like no theres nothing we can do, it annoys me so badly and Ive been there for a year and everytime i ask a manager take a call for me theyre all like theres nothing we can do so thats why I told this customer i cannot put her through because I knew no manager would come and take the call of me.

This annoys me because customer wants to speak to a manager and manager wont take any calls and then they suspend me and arrange a meeting! How cheeky

Will I get sacked? I mean in call centres as soon as training finishes by the end of the year theres 1-2 people left from that group.

other than the managers all being nothing more than lazy a**wipes Im so frustrated in this place.

Thanks for any feedback,
    regards!

Hi Callcentresuck!

And

I just recently posted a thread about this myself, where I refused to transfer a SC because, well, because it wasn't something I wanted to bother my manager about anyway, and because managers at my call centre don't take calls, and because the lady was being ridiculous.

And yet I'm slightly worried too.

My advice, and it's advice for all call centre workers too, is to ALWAYS CYA, cover your ass. Take detailed notes on the case. Email your self or otherwise note down the case number for proof. Get the recording if you need to. And stand up for yourself at the meeting.

Do you have a team leader that likes you and knows that you actually do your job? See if s/he will back you up at the meeting. Show at the meeting that you are eager- for example, tell them you have been told previously by managers that they are unable to take calls and, if this is not the case, what is the transfer to manager policy.

I don't think that you should get sacked over this, so don't let the terrorists win by losing sleep over their shit. Let me know how you get on.
    If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

Comment

A bit of advice:

Always insist on a colleague (or union rep if you have one) as witness in any disciplinarary meeting. It is your right.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Have you worked there for more or less than 1 year.

Less than one year they can sack you for just about anything (that isn't discrimination or for asserting one of a number of statutory rights).

It's not that the less than one year would make it reasonable, but only when you've worked somewhere for a year do you have the right to actually take legal action if they dismiss you unfairly. So if you've been there more than a year you might have a lot more room to argue with them.

Cinema guy is right. Always take someone to the disciplinary meeting if you can (though colleagues often don't want to go with you!). Write down anything important you have to say.

If they dismiss you and give you an internal right of appeal take it. Even if they don't write and ask them to reconsider.

Try not to get too defensive even if you feel it. You may want to start blaming others (managers) but you can't really spread dirt around and keep clean yourself. That said there's nothing wrong with saying something like "I have previously had managers explain to me that there is nothing they can do in X situation, and they have on Y occassions declined to speak to the client. I tried to use my initiative on this occassion, hoping to take up less of the managers time. If that was inappropriate I will ensure that in future I always refer such cases..." Might also want to say something about how all of you are just longing for some clear guidelines on this. (But you have to not sound sarcastic ).

If you have your years employment and they do sack you get some proper employment advice. Your local CAB or law centre etc. You can also talk to ACAS (though their advice is pretty basic), who are now operating a scheme to try and resolve as many cases as possible without them going to tribunal, so if you have a potential case they'll offer concilliation and try and help you and your employer reach an agreement.

Good luck.

Victoria J

Comment

Would it be sucky to lose a job over this? Of course it would. But are there other jobs available in your community? I understand you wrote this post in a moment of frustration, but you don't sound particularly happy at your job. I know terrific jobs aren't dropping out of the sky, but perhaps something else is available? I've worked jobs where I want to gouge my eyes out, it isn't worth it in the long run. It would be terrific to find something better.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

although I am not happy in my job I am merely trying to juggle two jobs so I have sufficient funds to set up a business of some sort which they dont know off.

It sucks working in that particular place , the management team are usually advisors who lick managers ass and dont do any work.

Ive been there over one year.

plus there were no people by me i was sitting on my own when this occured.

Whatever happens is for good anyway.
            Thanks for the advice

I will let you know what happens

Comment

Working...
            X