This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy here for the ASM conference

Guy pulls up to the booth window. I open it to assist him.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    guy: "I'm here for the ASM conference"

*according to the parking office, any dept. having an event has to give their guests a token to exit. Plus the ASM conference was not on the event list.*

me: "the dept. over the event will give you a token to exit"

That was in the morning. More people arrived for the event as well.

The phone inside the booth rings. I look up, & there is a white car at the exit gate. I notice a tag hanging from the rear view window. The parking office has temporary parking tags for short-term events, but you can only park at the student parking lots, not in Visitor parking. Plus the guy did not tell me he had a parking tag when he arrived in the morning.

me: "Visitor parking booth, how may I help you?"
    guy: "I was here for the ASM conference, & I need out"
    me: "I'm sorry, but the dept. over the event has to provide everyone with a token to exit, & so you have to go back to them."
    guy: "Well...the dept. told me to show you this tag & you will let me out."
    me: "I'm sorry, but you will have to speak to the parking office about that. One moment please"

I transferred the call to the parking office. He speaks to them at the call box at the exit gate. He backs up & exits several minutes later.

I would assume the parking office tells whoever picks up the temporary parking tags exactly where the guest can park. I do not know why the dept. would tell the guest "just show the attendant your parking tag when you get to the exit gate, & she will let you out for free."

I wonder what was said at the dept. regarding the temporary parking tag before and after the event & why the dept. felt I could raise the gate for him.
Working...
X