This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This was just too funny & weird. A few days ago, a woman called the store wanting to know if we had a cow her children could milk. For some unknown reason, our store number is listed in the phone book for this activity, at least according to the women. After the initial confusion, the shift manager was nice enough to give the women the number to corporate as they could direct her to one of the farms that supply the company with its milk.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Never once as a child did my Mom take me out to milk a cow.

I feel cheated now.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I lived not too far from a rural area and my beloved 4th grade teacher's parents owned a working farm.

We got to milk goats, cows and collect eggs and pet newborn kitties and puppies and wade in their creek and all sorts of great stuff.

I had such a little-girl crush on Ms. Almack.

Damn - that was almost 30 years ago and I still remember it like yesterday (I even remember I had a peanut butter sandwich in my lunch that day. I usually went home for lunch so it was a special occasion for me )

Edited to add - Goats aren't as partial to being milked as cows are.
      Last edited by TOLady; 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot something and then remembered it...
      No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
        Edited to add - Goats aren't as partial to being milked as cows are.

depends on the goat-mine didn't seem to mind much.

In other news-yes BlaqueKatt grew up on various farms
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

My grandma taught me how to milk a cow, on one of my few trips to the farm to see her sister when I was probably about 5 or 6yrs old.

When I went to our local zoo (Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo) they have a Dairy House there, and they have a mechanical cow with fake teats that you can "milk" as if it were a real cow. Not many people who take their kids into the Dairy House understand how to milk it, and they're constantly having to put an out-of-order sign on the cow because the kids keep tearing the teats off poor old mechanical Bessie.

Comment

Working...
          X