This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAHHHHHHHHH

At work, we have a promo going on: buy two 24 packs of Pepsi products (2/$12, a good deal), get a 12 pack Pepsi product free--with coupon.

No, the story here isn't what you think. I promise.

This afternoon, a gentleman came through my line with 7 24 packs. Yes, 7. OK. Didn't say anything about the promo or anything, so he went merrily on his way.

I happen to look out the window, and see 2 12 packs on the bottom of his cart.

I say to my bagger, "He didn't pay for those! Go get him!"*

He runs outside while I rush towards the service desk, where the AM and FES both are looking at me, rather concerned.

I told them that the guy paid for the 7 24 packs, but not the 2 12 packs (God, I hate numbers!).

They let the guy go because it apparently...I still don't have a clue, to be honest with you. Even after I mentioned that he never gave me the promo coupon, or even mentioned the promo.

They managed to get the bagger's attention before he got to the customer. They nicely tell me that I shouldn't send a bagger after the customer in such a situation.

Then they spend the next minute or so telling me that I did the right thing.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo confused!

But hey, they did tell me that I did awesome by actually noticing the unpaid-for soda.

* I never intended accusing him of stealing. I was going to say that I honestly did not see the extra sodas, so I would need to charge him for them.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Mixed messages. Don't you just love our place of employment?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now it's time for Blindfold and last cigarette. Now spin around a bunch of times and try to pin the blame on an innocent bystander.
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
      X