This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay job?

So on top of my forensics certificate and certification studying (EEEEEEEEK my exam's on Saturday and I need to pass it), I've been quietly applying to various and sundry computer jobs. I say "quietly" because my incompetent case manager doesn't think that I'm capable of classes and a job at the same time <_< (that's a whole nother rant--I think my intelligence scares them). They do not know about my computer forensics track and will not know until I have the paper in my paw.

Yesterday I was contacted by a local town about a computer support internship I had applied for. I interview on Thursday. I seem to meet most of the requirements (I only have a basic familiarity with Macs and there are a few other things that I don't know terribly well but can pick up quickly).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

well then good luck!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Fingers crossed!!
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Good luck. If you get the gig, don't forget to vent on Unsupportable!
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Well...I didn't get the job, but the director was very cordial about it and did say that the decision was very difficult (I suspect that they went with someone who actually had experience in a larger office environment, a budgetary push to dispense with that pesky training). Yes I'm bummed out but at least I got to the interview and decision stage so someone out there must like my resume (and should I apply to the city again I know someone over there is aware of me).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X