This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• day of the disappearing carts..

These are the 2 stories of my day at the mart of walls.. I dont usually have very many stories from this job because the only time i interact with customers is if they need help finding something in the grocery department. part of this may be sucky and or wtf so mods please move accordingly.

But anyway.. my first story is short and sweet.. All day i had been stocking in the candy aisle and had gone to lunch when i went up to pay for my lunch and saw a woman taking cardboard out of the grocery cart i had been using for cardboard storage and put it on the L cart that had my candy boxes and walk away with the grocery cart.. no big deal i can get another one.. but come on.. you cant walk 20 feet and get a cart for yourself? It wasn't obvious that that cart was being used for something?

My second story is of another disappearing cart.. I had another grocery cart that was full of cardboard, overstock and claims items and it disappeared.. no one had seen it either in the back room or on the floor.. so i wandered around looking for it and where did i finally find it? by the cash registers near the books.. Still have no idea how it got there.. maybe i put it there and in my forgetfulness didn't realize i left it there.. no clue..

I think some of your missing carts are around here. Not a day goes that I don't see one sitting out on the sidewalk, on a lawn or in someone's driveway.

At the K-mart I used to shop at years ago, I would frequently find empty carts sitting in aisles, nobody nearby that might lay claim to them.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At the grocery store the other day, someone had put a cart in their cart rack that was for a different store. Closest location of this other chain was about three miles away...I was fairly impressed with the migration.

I've also seen carts on one side of town from stores that are way on the other side...about six miles.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

And management wonders why I keep bugging them for permission to put a sign reading "Keepa You Hands Offa Mah Cart" on the shopping cart I'm currently using.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          At the grocery store the other day, someone had put a cart in their cart rack that was for a different store. Closest location of this other chain was about three miles away...I was fairly impressed with the migration.

I've also seen carts on one side of town from stores that are way on the other side...about six miles.
          Shhh it's all about the secret mating rituals and behaviours of the carts. You know... a male cart and a female cart...
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
            Shhh it's all about the secret mating rituals and behaviours of the carts. You know... a male cart and a female cart...
            Exactly. Where does everybody think the kid-sized carts come from?

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
              Exactly. Where does everybody think the kid-sized carts come from?
              So are the carts that constantly fight you and try to wander off in the wrong direction the teenagers that have just "grown up" from the kiddie carts?
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ya know, it's illegal to remove carts from store property 'round these parts...It's just that it's totally unenforceable because the cops have better things to do.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
                  So are the carts that constantly fight you and try to wander off in the wrong direction the teenagers that have just "grown up" from the kiddie carts?
                  Well, this is why we call the small ones at one of our local chains "baby carts."
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    And management wonders why I keep bugging them for permission to put a sign reading "Keepa You Hands Offa Mah Cart" on the shopping cart I'm currently using.
                    That's probably because they also know what we do already:

Customers DON'T read signs.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X