Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to work while naked? Apply to this company.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to work while naked? Apply to this company.

If you're a web coder, female, and like to walk around naked in public, then Nude House has a job for you!

ZoomLet's be honest: working alongside co-workers who are sitting buck-naked in the seat next to yours would be distracting-- more than distracting in some cases. Getting any work done would be next to impossible whether the co-worker was attractive or not. That said, a British firm is currently looking for female web coders who have no problem baring their assets in a working environment.

While the craigslist listing for the coding positions have been removed, the Nude House website doesn't hide a thing, clearly revealing itself as a 100-percent Nudist establishment. Clothing, it seems, is not only not an option, but banned altogether inside its walls. Owner Chris Taylor indicates that he's currently looking for a partner, sales manager (preferably female), salespeople (men and women), and web-coders (girls only).

"Those in Nude-House.com will be a company entirely composed of Nudists - males and females - who work selling software solutions to their customers' problems," reads the company website. "They all work totally nude and only dress when they leave the offices and undress when they arrive at the offices. This will be the first office location in the world dedicated to the practice of Nudism - providing a safe and comfortable environment to utilize their pleasure at the same time as earning very well from their skills."

Taylor's company page has no problems indicating that he's favoring female employees. Why? Because he'd rather look at breasts than a man's family inheritance. "I don't want to look at men," he said, following up on the website by saying the company pays very well and "everyone will enjoy themselves."

There IS a company website but it's not exactly SFW so I didn't post a link.

Other than the guy being totally sexist with only wanting to hire women, I don't have any problem in principle with a nudist company.

Not that I'd ever want to work there...
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

opened himself up for a discrimination lawsuit there.

Comment

I agree with Teskeria. Possible discrimination lawsuit.

Many nudist resorts have policies that either make it more expensive for a man to enter or prohibit single (not accompanied by their family or at least a female guest) man altogether, and iirc that is to "even things out" because men are much more likely to show up unaccompanied to a nudist resort (and nobody likes a sausage fest), but employment is a different matter. Employers (at least in the US) are prohibited from discriminating by sex unless the employer can demonstrate that it is critical to the job/product that the workers be a specific sex (Hooters servers come to mind).

The idea of a nudist workplace outside of the tourism industry is intriguing though.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

The company is British so US law doesn't apply. I am not sure what the law says about discrimination
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          The company is British so US law doesn't apply. I am not sure what the law says about discrimination
          Even if it was in the US, it also depends on if they're an employee or a contractor (a title often abused here).
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

How do you find the blind man at the naked coding company?

It isn't hard....
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

(and nobody likes a sausage fest)
              Says you.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

aunt flo's visit is bound to be awkward.
                “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
                ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
                  aunt flo's visit is bound to be awkward.
                  Bwahahahahahaha! Oh dear.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the UK law is similar to Australian law. That is, you can't discriminate on grounds of gender unless you have a damn good reason to do so. One of those grounds is for safety reasons: for instance, doing pat-downs of passengers at an airport. They can apply for females to conduct pat-down searches of females, but they can't apply for males only to conduct searches of male and female passengers.

This guy doesn't have any real grounds for exemptions.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Personally I'd have several issues with this...

1) Obviously it's a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen
                      2) How sanitary will those computer chairs be?
                      3) What about when I'm on the rag?

Comment

... they don't mention the webcams at the workstations ...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just a friendly note - legalities that exist are one thing, but please leave any 'should be' to Fratching, m'kay? We've not gone over the line, but it's a nice reminder every so often.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            2) How sanitary will those computer chairs be?
                            3) What about when I'm on the rag?
                            Yikes! These two are the first things that occurred to me.
                            Last edited by bainsidhe; 05-17-2011, 12:51 AM.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Just doing a quick seach online, I'm pretty sure that guy can't limit his applicants to women simply because he wants to look at naked ladies. It would mean turning down male applicants because he's trying to get a certain number of women. So that means he would be discrimination against the men.

I also wonder what he plans to do if his female applicants are women who, for example: weigh 250+ lbs, or are 50+ years old, or have had a mastectomy...etc. Lots of grounds for discrimination charges in this.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X