This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father of the Year--in a GOOD way

So I was at the service desk when I got a phonecall for a manager. It turned out that the customer lives 1 1/2 hours away from the store, so he was dismayed that his son had stolen a couple of packs of trading cards. He wanted to make his son apologize and pay for the cards. It was so cute when the FES took the call; I was standing there and heard it all. He told the kid how naughty it was and stuff (it was a little kid), but thanked him for apologizing. Even the lady I was helping was smiling. I remarked that FES, who is in his 20s and very recently married, was practicing for fatherhood. I'm just happy that the dad cared and wanted to make it right. Some parents would think, "Oh, well," and never address it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Awesome. That's what my parents would have done.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

lol that reminds me of when my brothers and i were really little. One of my brothers was sitting in the seat of a buggy at a store. And we were cashing out.

We were half way to the car when mom noticed my brother eating a candy bar. (mind you, he's all of about 2) she goes "oh no ben! We didn't pay for that! You can't eat that, that's stealing. And stealing is VERY bad. You and i are going in there right now and saying sorry and giving her money."

So they marched right over to the same register we were in, waited in line, then told the lady what happened. She was maybe in her late teens, just barely 21. She smiled and said thank you for being honest. It's not nice to steal, but you did the right thing.

He had just big tears and a pouty lip when mom say he was a bad boy. Even thinking about it not, 22 years later makes me sad lol He was a good kid then, and still is now...
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I think I was too shy to take anything off the shelves-- hell, I was too shy to talk to order stuff when I was 14. I was a hellion elsewhere.
        I'm glad this turned out to be a discipline moment rather than punishment or horrible parenting. It gives me hope and makes me go "awww!"
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X