This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second life sighting

there's a lot of them really but this one just made me think of PFB & M3C...

Person asked for help in the Newbie Help Island cos... "some guys were griefing her" and she wanted it stopped. They put some scripts on a KFC bucket and made it stick over her face, so whenever she came back into that area she had a KFC bucket on her face.

But she also made the mistake of saying that she had been griefing them back.

Which told me she was just pissed cos they pwned her and wanted to get back at them.

She ended up leaving in a huff because the only advice she got was...
    Another player: Do you HAVE to go back there.
    Me: Wait you were griefing them back?

it just reminded me of those SCs who get into fights with other customers and then expect the employees to somehow step in and shut the other customers up.

not that either of us were employees but... that's what this girl expected. so when she got sensible advice ... she left in a snit.

I hang out alot in Second Life, in a Sci-fi fandom sim....Doctor Who, specifically. We set up what we like to call the 'noob' trap. At the Entry point, there's a vendor for a rather.....cheap Tenth Doctor avatar, looks like a zombie honestly, as well as a dump of a tardis to try. Second we see those on someone, we check age. Either they're old, and have faved 4chan or other griefing groups, or they've just joined, and we know to do some 'gentle' education about SL...

Honestly, sometimes the simple tricks work great for pegging the nasty ones and the fresh avs.

I think it's honestly part of why the guys running the sim are fairly respected. Never punished someone for being ignorant, only for being rude.

Comment

Oooo is that in Katrina or Tardis? I'll have to check that out!

I don't go into Tardis much cos there's no voice server but... I do have a freebie tennant avatar from there but it doesn't look like a zombie... I abuse mine though. On my main made his outfit into a girly outfit. And I have an alt that's designed to be um UGLY*. I put tennant's hair on her armpits.

Heh but I'm not surprised really... I think it's died down a little now that 10's been regenerated but there's a reason why the doctor who groups use the phrase "Tennant Noob"

but this also means you might know me. lol
      I'm the "Giraffe" Though at the moment I'm wearing a deer avatar with a santa hat.

Comment

Yeah, Katrina!

Frankly, don't get me started on Katrina vs. Tardis.....talk about your petty infighting.

Kris Farina 's my name in there! pop me a message sometime.

Comment

lol. i do prefer katrina cos they have a voice server but i think i'm in both groups anyway. and i don't fight over the regions heh.

heh IM sent.
          gotta head to work tho. prolly early cos i have to clean the car off too
          and woohoo my giraffe!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, my name is FMA_Fanatic and I'm a Second Life user.

I've seen some doozies for greifing in the last 4 years, but I've never seen anyone with a KFC bucket over their head.

*me waves to chrisfabo* I was going to ask if it's Katrina. It's been a while since I went over there. Probably since before End of Time. I've been busy with other stuff.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

lol yeah. one of my friends gave me some griefing gadgets but i don't use them... well except on him for fun.

most of the griefing weapons i've seen (or have - but only for messing with friends) are simple items. the nastiest is the cage. Though i once gave a guy a missile that shoots you up to the sky... cos he was begging me for money.

though one of my friends ... he and one of his other buddies grief each other on a regular basis just to mess with each other. he said his buddy gave him a friendship bracelet that screwed up his login for a week or so.

i haven't seen much of tardis - just looked at it today but apparently both regions are decorated for christmas. only downside is that i get sick of the sound of crunching snow. =/

and i forgot to add this <-- Lynne Mortenwold
              and no, i'm usually not human. i find that (except for some very horny newbies - who most likely can't prove they're old enough to go to the adult areas) i don't get hit on much. though people sometimes try to ride me when i'm a horse.

Comment

o my god. i think I just ran into someone who is extremely stupid.

one of the guys tried riding my avatar (a deer) yesterday. I told him to stop.
                Today he decided to try riding me again. I had to mute him. (you can still see them as gray bodies though... and you can see if they try to ride you)

He's stupid... because he kept trying to ride me.
                After being told by name to stop.
                After I ran to another area to avoid him.
                Three times.

....In front of a Linden.

Needless to say... I haven't seen the troll since.
                He either was taken care of or he ran away once he realized he was griefing me in front of the SL equivalent of a GM.

(yes i'm still giggling)

Comment

i actually own a group on there called Second Life Anonymous Group for those addicted to it. I hang out mostly in furry zones..

i'm Selenia Juergens on there by the way.

Comment

I use to DJ on SL. I've found a ton of new music from being in some of the clubs there and still occasionally log in to have something to listen to while I work.

Otherwise, I find SL completely useless. lol
                    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

i usually just hang out and chat on it. sometimes i attempt to build stuff - like my meat helmets. and a christmas hat.

was thinking of starting some serious building later. maybe.
                      either that or i'll just knit while i chat lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X