X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El no a you smoko

Cookies for title reference!

There was an SC at my hotel. I wasn't involved in any of it. I just got to read the DNR list. SC checks in to a non smoking room. He gets pissed at us for not refunding his deposit for smoking in a non smoking room. He claims he couldn't read that part of the registration card due to dyslexia. Well I'm no doctor, but I doubt that would prevent a person from not seeing the universal non smoking sign on his door. My coworker had this conversation with him.

CW: Did you see any ashtrays in the room?
    SC: No so I just used water in a cup. I didn't want to bother you guys.

After management stayed firm in their decision, SC then dumped the trash that was in his truck right onto our parking lot!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

hmm, maybe a complaint to the police about this litterbug?

bs; i think a cigarette in a buster sign is pretty clear; unless he's been living under a rock or has symbol based dyslexia (the rock is a strong possibility or floating at the top of a pond), he's a piss poor liar.

most littering fines are what, around at least $500?
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Cookies for title reference!
      "Don't call me Shirley"
      "Not a good day to stop sniffing glue"

Comment

Supervisor: We had to kick someone from the hotel.
        Me: The hotel? What is it?
        SV: A large building with lots of rooms. But that's not important right now.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh, he couldn't read "that part" of the registration? Really? And I suppose his dylexia prevented him from knowing littering is wrong, too.

Unless he flat out cannot read ANYTHING, he's full of shit. And even if that was the case (which it probably isn't) non literate adults usually can recognize common signage.

Comment

I call BS. If your dyslexia is that severe, you probably wouldn't be able to even fill out the reg card. Besides, you don't need to read to understand the non-smoking symbol.

(We have a regular with severe dyslexia...he has us help him fill out his reg card, get stuff from the vending machine, etc. etc. If he needs something read to him, he asks, and has never used it as an excuse to break any of our rules. He's a very nice guy and a good guest.)
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Riiiiggghhhttt. Fail, right there, fail. He's just mad he got caught.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Dyslexia does not mean someone is stupid. In fact, very often the opposite is true (except in this guy's case...he is stupid enough to think other people are stupid enough to buy his story).

I have a dyslexic cousin that graduated college and owns an ice cream parlor. He can freaking read.

Comment

Besides, when he was checked in, doesn't the agent usually ask "Smoking or NonSmoking room?". Plus I'm sure when he was given a non-smoking room, he was told that.

He just had the common SC ailment "Noslexia".; the inability to understand the word No, and derivatives there of (Non, Nien, Nope, Negative, etc....)

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                    Besides, when he was checked in, doesn't the agent usually ask "Smoking or NonSmoking room
                    I'm not 100% if he was asked this. Most of the time we remember to ask, but no one's perfect. I'd like to find out if this guy was asked if he wanted smoking or non.

Comment

Do the clerks ask "Smoking or Non-Smoking" if the entire hotel/motel is smoke-free?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Do the clerks ask "Smoking or Non-Smoking" if the entire hotel/motel is smoke-free?
                        I wouldn't think so since it's redundant. My hotel has smoking rooms though.

Comment

Oh, he couldn't read "that part" of the registration?
                          exactly. if his "condition" was so bad how was he able to read the rest of the registration?

even if he had no ability to read, it still doesn't mean he isn't required to obey the rules.

Comment

Working...
                          X