This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma'am, I'd move that cart if I were you

I haven't posted on this site in over a year, mainly because I'm not working in retail anymore (WIN!) But anyway, I was at the local Wal-Mart the other day, and it was very windy. I was exiting the store, and I passed a woman unloading her cart of crap into the back of her SUV. When she was done unloading, she simply left the cart in the lot, and started to walk to her driver's-side door.

The following conversation ensued:

Me: You should put that cart in the cart return. It is very windy.
    SC: ::cattbuttface:: They have employees here to gather the carts. I don't have to do that.
    Me: ( realizing this rare chance to tell off an SC): Well fine, but how would you feel if a cart slammed into your car because some f***ing idiot was being lazy and didn't return the cart to the corral?
    SC: F*** you. If you care so much, you should bring the cart back.
    Me: I will, and I'll be so careful to not have the cart somehow fly toward your precious SUV while I do it. (yes, I actually said that.)

At that point, she jumped into her car and sped off. I was about to get the cart, but the moment I walked toward it (mind you, the cart was 15-20 ft away from me), the wind picked up, and the cart went at 500 mph down the lot, running into a parked truck. I saw an obvious dent. I decided to just leave, because I didn't get the lady's license plate number, and I know the employees at the Wal-Mart would simply not care.

EDIT: Oops, I posted this in the wrong forum...that's what not posting here in a while does to you.
    Last edited by I_Hate_SCs; 12-17-2010, 06:43 AM.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

If it were my car that got hit because someone was too lazy to put a cart back, I would be a sad (and slightly angry) panda.
    You did nothing wrong by leaving the situation at the end because the driver of the truck would probably get mad at you for not being able to run like the Flash. Well done for shouting at that woman, maybe next time (oh, how we can hope) she will put the cart back

Comment

Yet another reason I park at the far end of the parking lots. I get the extra steps in (every extra helps when losing weight) and don't have to deal with things like that *knock on wood*. I do however get to laugh at the people who drive in circles looking for that perfect spot as I made my way from the car to the shop before they found a space.
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth shadowpanda View Post
        If it were my car that got hit because someone was too lazy to put a cart back, I would be a sad (and slightly angry) panda.
        You did nothing wrong by leaving the situation at the end because the driver of the truck would probably get mad at you for not being able to run like the Flash. Well done for shouting at that woman, maybe next time (oh, how we can hope) she will put the cart back
        She won't put the cart back because I'm sure she did not see it hit the truck. In any case, she clearly does not care. I wish it had hit HER car, wouldn't that be karma!

If the OP had gotten the license plate number, the truck driver could sue her for negligence and force her car insurance to pay his damages, esp if the OP gave the cops a statement.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

yeah and the store won't pay the damages either.
          dad had it happen to the minivan. the insurance covered it but then tried to recoup the money from the store and failed.

but yeah i hate people who are that lazy.
          i mean if i can trudge my cart over in the snow and slush to the corral, there's no reason ms lazy bitch SC can't do it too.

Comment

If I'm feeling too lazy to put the cart back I won't push it into the parking lot, I'll just load myself up like a pack mule and leave the cart at the store front, though I usually only do this with the hubby as he makes a much better pack mule.

Comment

karma would be her getting blown off the road into a ditch (no injuries) with a large dent from a minor collision with a guard rail or something similar.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

If I use a cart, I make a point of leaving it in at least a good location as when I found it. If I grab a loose cart and take it into the store, I feel no qualms about leaving it in a cart corral when I leave. Actually, since I can usually carry my groceries out to my car without a cart, the times I expect to use a cart within a store generally start with me grabbing a cart from the parking lot (either loose or from a corral) and end with me pulling my groceries out of that cart at the line of carts inside.

Comment

Working...
                X