This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One per transaction=four per transaction

I went out shopping just now for a few things. In the course of this excursion I nearly saw a guy get run over because he decided to be an imbecile and cross a slippery street when he had a solid Don't Walk sign in his face and fell on his ass. Also I was nearly involved in two accidents due to fucktards in SUVs thinking they can make their turns sooner than they could.

My first stop was at Walgreens. There I wound up in line at the one open checkout behind some cow who had four coupons for bags of nuts and wanted to use all four, even though the coupons evidently said "one per transaction" on them. The register locked up and the cashier had to page a manager over while the cow complained about not being able to use her coupons.

And as I'm patiently waiting, somebody's little hellion is running around unsupervised taking Pillow Pets (It's a pillow! It's a pet! It's...a gigantic rip-off!) out of a bin and throwing them around, and then playing with all the musical, animated toys. Although I did find the Santa playing Yakety Sax to be amusing.

Manager comes, and cow wants her four bags of nuts to be rung up as four separate transactions. Just then a couple more registers open up and I get checked out.

When I left they were still dealing with that hag. I'm guessing they knuckled under and did her separate transactions.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Mmmm, udders...

Rapscallion

Comment

Awww, but Pillow Pets are cute! Especially the moose... (What can I say? They have a stand at my mall and look at those little fuzzy faces all day!)
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Customers and coupons like that are how I got suspended from the grocery store.

The higher ups decided to do 4 items every week for insanely cheap prices with these coupons, but you could only have ONE of each per transaction. So you could have all 4, but only one of each.

Entire families came in and each took a cart to get the four items. One guy just came back in wearing different jackets. Other shameless people didn't even try to disguise themselves and kept coming back.

But the best of the best were the ignorant ones who had upwards of 8-10 of each, the carts over-flowing in soda and chips........and the one bitch who complained about me needing a manager to over-ride (system would not allow more than one of each, obviously), she took it to mean that I didn't WANT her to have all the items, and that I was taking food out of her children's mouths, because she was paying with foodstamps.

Omg. Bad memories.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Re: Pillow Pets --- There are quite possibly the best car pillows ever!

Back on OT: I have never understood why people do that on purpose. I get not completely reading a coupon but when ya have multiples that's just a given you can only use it one at a time.

But then again I actually READ all my coupons...silly me!
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

You want pillow pets? Go to my store. I got three pallets of the fuckers I need to get rid of.

My company's buyers are a bunch of meat popsicles.

Comment

I was shocked when we were running a voucher promotion. You had to spend a certain amount to get a booklet (so not many customers had more than one booklet at a time) but the vouchers were good for one coupon per item, not per transaction.

The customers were happy as well since they didn't have to do three or four transactions each time.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                You want pillow pets? Go to my store. I got three pallets of the fuckers I need to get rid of.

got any alligators/sharks/dinosaurs/dragons? I'm picky...also too poor to buy one.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Manager comes, and cow wants her four bags of nuts to be rung up as four separate transactions. Just then a couple more registers open up and I get checked out.
                  Where's Sheldon, cause I'm not gonna say it...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                    got any alligators/sharks/dinosaurs/dragons? I'm picky...also too poor to buy one.
                    Only the shark. That is if we even have it at the moment. The one we seem to be missing is the monkey.

ETA: actually, it isn't a shark. It's a dolphin.

Comment

I use lots of coupons too and I would so split my order into 4 transactions.

and make sure the coupon said "One per transaction" or "one per purchase". They're different. Everything you buy at once, that's a transaction.

Each item you buy is a purchase. You purchase 4 items. YOu purchase 5 items. You can use one coupon on each item. Buy 4 items, you can use 4 coupons.

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                        I use lots of coupons too and I would so split my order into 4 transactions.

and make sure the coupon said "One per transaction" or "one per purchase". They're different. Everything you buy at once, that's a transaction.

Each item you buy is a purchase. You purchase 4 items. YOu purchase 5 items. You can use one coupon on each item. Buy 4 items, you can use 4 coupons.
                        And if I were in charge, this would not be allowed simply because it screws with our operations too much.

While the cashier is scanning and accepting payment for your four separate transactions, the checkout lines may start backing up to Timbuktu. My store has a rule that we have to call people off the salesfloor to run registers one the checkout lines get to a certain length. I think it is the person being served plus two other people in each line, but I could be mistaken. We don't follow the rule to the letter anyway. If we did the salesfloor people would do nothing but check customers out.

Then, because there is nobody on the salesfloor to answer customer questions or respond to call boxes, customers may get frustrated and leave without buying anything. Or they may abandon their full cart of merchandise for us to put away later.

This time of year, we can have most of our registers open but still end up with the salesfloor people running registers for a significant portion of their shift. And salesfloor isn't getting any more payroll than they normally do. The only positions that see hours increase in my store are the ones with registers--electronics and front end.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to save money. It's just unreasonable to expect the store to disrupt its operations so somebody can use all their coupons. That's where a lot of coupon users get such a bad rap.

Comment

Odd, we went through two pallets of pillow pets in about three weeks. We're well into our third and have a fourth waiting in the racks... but usually our buyers are a bunch of morons as well.

Comment

Manager comes, and cow wants her four bags of nuts to be rung up as four separate transactions.
                            Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Where's Sheldon, cause I'm not gonna say it...
                            Only if she she also wanted to do the same for four hard salamis.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My rule would be: you want to start a new transaction, you go to the back of the queue.

Comment

Working...
                              X