This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This is ridiculous; Where are we supposed to sit?"

This incident happened on the bus while on the way home.

Pregnant lady with 2 young kids along with her friend & her friend's baby are sitting in the handicapped seats at the front of the bus. Male handicapped passenger had to board the bus, & so the driver told the pregnant lady with the 2 young kids that she had to give up her seat for him. She does that. She stands in the aisle near the handicapped seats.

Then another handicapped passenger had to board the bus. Bus driver tells pregnant lady's friend to give up her seat, & he tells the pregnant lady who was standing in the aisle near the handicapped seats to move to the back of the bus where there were empty seats.

The pregnant lady's response to what the bus driver told her...

"This is ridiculous. Where are we supposed to sit?"

She sat in an empty seat at the back of the bus along with her 2 young kids.

oy.

now i lived in japan for a year so i'm use to their methods, where the "handicapped" seating is for handicapped/injured, elderly, and pregnant passengers. however that's also because the trains are so crowded most people end up having to stand.

but here in this case it's a bus in the US with other seats available. There's no reason for the women to sit in the handicapped spots if they have the physical ability to move to other seats. yeesh.

Comment

I dislike when people refuse to move for handicapped people, especially when there are empty seats further back. My boyfriend drives me nuts because he insists on sitting in the lower portion of the bus, and we do get up for people so he'll sit there when there is no one in any other seats then we have to move and be stuck standing because he wouldn't sit in a seat further back. He just hasn't got this through his head. :P which is why I usually take the bus alone.
      “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Seats are available. Sit in them. Who cares where in the bus they are?
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

When I lived in Japan, I was always giving my seat up for passengers on the buses and trains. They were also so surprised that a foreigner would know to do that. Just goes to show that in some ways we're pretty behind in manners and basic common sense.

Comment

i'm just surprised you were able to get a seat in the first place.
            i learned how to sleep standing up on the trains.

but yeah, the locals I encountered were almost always impressed when us gaijin used manners

Comment

XD I always, always avoided the rush hour trains. My first time on a Japanese train was in Tokyo, and it was about half-crowded. It took me 20 minutes to realize my hand was in a man's back pocket. You also learn to use the Gaijin Bubble to your advantage- two feet of personal space guaranteed, and you work your way over to a seat. And then you give it to any old lady with pink or green hair you see getting on.

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
                It took me 20 minutes to realize my hand was in a man's back pocket.
                ... and he didn't say anything about it???

Not even a "Thank you"???
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                  Not even a "Thank you"???
                  Made my day.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    ... and he didn't say anything about it???
                    Different culture. Voltaire tells of when he performed in Japan and nobody in the audience stirred at his best songs and routines, apart from polite applause at the end.

After the event he was walking out when one of the audience stopped him and congratulated him.

"I thought nobody liked it."

"What made you think that?"

"Nobody laughed."

"What? In public?"

Rapscallion

Comment

"Och, ye were sae funny it were all I could do not to laugh right out in meetin'."

Comment

Working...
                      X