Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mall, the mall, the mall is on fire!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was deliberate and planned. Look what one sprinkler will do with a trash can fire (0:30-on) next to a sofa. No way this was just a random hey lets light a trash can to get back at the mall or store. To get flames and smoke to burn thru the roof it was much more than a trash can or display fixture.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
      I wasn't too far away; used to live in Chico. I've shopped at that mall.
      I lived up in Georgetown area, That mall was one of the closest malls for us to get to.

Bad arsonist.... bad.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        And to put the suck cherry on top, all of the news outlets are going to tie this in with gaming making people violent.
        I was thinking that too...mom already said something to that effect (um hello I'm a gamer).

At least we don't have Jack Thompson to worry about...
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

So far I've heard the blame falling on a oxycontin addiction

(although I'm sure if Jack Thompson was still allowed to practice he'd have a word or two to say about video games and this mess).
          A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Oh, I'm sure good ol' Jack is still preaching the evils of video games, but now that he's been disbarred, his credibility with the talking heads is in the toilet.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There are actually some studies which find that games improve anger management, presumably by giving it a harmless outlet.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                There are actually some studies which find that games improve anger management, presumably by giving it a harmless outlet.
                I'm firmly of the opinion that you can find a study to support just about any claim you'd like to make. I've seen way too many opposing viewpoints both supported by studies (the credibility of which is never addressed).

That said, Jack Thompson is full of it.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

There is an update on the Roseville Mall fire on CNN today here.

Note the last name of the arsonist
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

....I just don't even know. Until a few months ago, I wasn't that far away. What the everloving crap.

I hope the workers get through okay. *crosses fingers and hopes*
                    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

and interesting how the maintenance worker just happened to turn off the sprinklers in that area
                      first he claims a police officer or sheriff told him to do it
                      then he claimed someone from UPS told him.

i'm betting the arsonist slipped him some money or something.

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                        ....I just don't even know. Until a few months ago, I wasn't that far away. What the everloving crap.

I hope the workers get through okay. *crosses fingers and hopes*
                        Arnie declared the fire a disaster, so the employees could collect unemployment right away instead of waiting one week. I'm hoping the small business owners are going to be OK . . . since they're the ones supplying the jobs to the workers.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        and interesting how the maintenance worker just happened to turn off the sprinklers in that area
                        first he claims a police officer or sheriff told him to do it
                        then he claimed someone from UPS told him.

i'm betting the arsonist slipped him some money or something.
                        I don't know about that, though it is certainly suspicious.

I just thought the arsonists name "Alexander Piggee" (or A. Piggee) was both unfortunate and hysterical.

Then again, it might make for an interesting insanity defense.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Arnie declared the fire a disaster, so the employees could collect unemployment right away instead of waiting one week. I'm hoping the small business owners are going to be OK . . . since they're the ones supplying the jobs to the workers.
                          that's pretty cool. cos the employees really got screwed by that arsonist

Comment

Working...
                          X