This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Actually, they are. They're just not major appliances. They're in the category of small appliances. Appliances are pretty much any electrical or mechanical device that does a chore of some sort.

^-.-^
    True - I guess I was being nitpicky, since they just said appliance, not small appliance...and I don't really think of them as that either.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      True - I guess I was being nitpicky, since they just said appliance, not small appliance...and I don't really think of them as that either.
      Being Walmart, though, I consider it a given that it's small appliances, since they don't sell major appliances. But I guess that's my own nitpick.

But yeah, you get what you pay for with those $2 appliances. Grandma gave me one of the cheapo BF crock pots (small) when I went to college, and it broke within the year.

I generally don't trust anything electrical that goes on Black Friday doorbuster pricing. Nine times out of ten it's horribly unreliable, and you have to wrestle other sale-crazed customers to get to it in the first place. Not for me, nope.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        One of my sisters has the same problem. She's not dumb by any means, but math beyond the basics makes no sense to her. Of course when we were in school, back in the day, they just thought if you didn't get it, you were lazy. She never got any help with it at school, and we didn't even know there was a name for this until a couple years ago.
        actually as it turns out it might be another issue with me.....it's in off topic.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          One of my sisters has the same problem. She's not dumb by any means, but math beyond the basics makes no sense to her. Of course when we were in school, back in the day, they just thought if you didn't get it, you were lazy. She never got any help with it at school, and we didn't even know there was a name for this until a couple years ago.
          Yeah, tell me about it. You're lazy, or you aren't trying hard enough, or you could do it if you payed attention.

Story of my freaking life.

I wonder if I kicked one of these teachers out of the second story math building window, could she pay attention and try hard enough to not go splat on the sidewalk like a sack of soggy compost?

It's worth a try.

Comment

Waffle irons are good for Applied Phrenology...

You can give people a whole set of new talents with one swing.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Lets face it, Christmas shopping as a whole is messed up, but yes, Black Friday does exemplify it.

The holiday is generally supposed to be about good will and such. When was the last time we had a Black Friday without a news report of someone getting seriously injured and/or killed by their fellow shoppers desperate to save a few bucks?
              Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
              Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

I remember once at Myer's (AussieLand), getting a dress (that was originally $95) for $7.50 after clearance/markdowns/discount etc. Nothing wrong with it either, apparently 'out of season' - bah. Lol... .and it was gorgeous!!

Comment

Yeah, it's awesome when you can get a deal like that. But I'm not about to go racing people at the crack of dawn just to get it. Not worth it.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Yeah, it's awesome when you can get a deal like that. But I'm not about to go racing people at the crack of dawn just to get it. Not worth it.
                    Oh this wasn't during a big sale or anything. Just a normal day.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Yeah, tell me about it. You're lazy, or you aren't trying hard enough, or you could do it if you payed attention.

Story of my freaking life.
                      I've got a different set of troubles, but yeah. So INFURIATING.

I don't ask others to fly, so why do they want to pretend my limits don't exist?

And as far as the the guy in the OP...*raises eyebrow*. $10 savings isn't worth 4 hours of freezing. It's not. Twit widget.
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth SuperNat View Post
                        Oh this wasn't during a big sale or anything. Just a normal day.
                        That is why I love the clearance racks
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          That is why I love the clearance racks
                          Greatest invention since sliced bread.

Comment

At 3:45 am on Black Friday, there was one person in the clearance rack at the Kohls I was in. That would be my girlfriend.
                            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                            My MySpace
                            My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
                              At 3:45 am on Black Friday, there was one person in the clearance rack at the Kohls I was in. That would be my girlfriend.
                              By the phrasing, ex-girlfriend?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                                By the phrasing, ex-girlfriend?
                                No, though the thought crossed my mind if even only briefly when she decided I needed to wake up after sleeping four hours (after being awake 25 hours straight, after 5 hours of sleep the previous night). But given the game-players and hoebags I've dated in the past, I'll keep the anti-sleep clearance shopper.
                                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                                My MySpace
                                My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X