Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what time it is!! (Yeah, I had to go shopping again today...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ExRetailDrone View Post
    I admit, I used to hate when people gave me reusable bags when I worked at The Bullseye, but only because with the layout of the registers they were way more difficult to load than the plastic bags. But I was always polite and never let my annoyance show through -- I was not annoyed with the customer for using reusable bags, I was annoyed at the way the lanes were laid out
    This was my problem at *big box supercenter*. The Wegman's bags were the best in that they sorta stood on their own. Everything else was a battle to bag. You'd also have bags that would stink like rotten milk or cats.

Most customers were pretty easy-going with the bags and I was quite good at stuffing the bags to capacity. However, every now and again I'd go on autopilot and start bagging in the regular plastic, even though the recycled bags were two inches away and in my line of site. Oops.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      The Wegman's bags were the best in that they sorta stood on their own.
      That's where I got mine. They're a decent-weight canvas with an insert to keep the bottom flat, which comes out so you can clean them.

Which reminds me, I should throw mine in the wash when I go do laundry tomorrow.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have Wegman's, Target, Foodtown, and three from Petsmart (they were having a 'buy X cans, get a free reusable bag' with the nice cloth bags, so we took them). I like the PetSmart ones best, since they're the sturdiest and most easily washable. The Target one is nice, though, because it folds up into the size of a large wallet and fits in my purse.

And I admit my bags occasionally smell like cats. Vesper seems to think that inside of them is the perfect place to sleep, if I forget to hang them out of his reach. But I do wash them every few uses!
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

at the lesbian and axe murderer line, Lupo, that was AWESOME. And yay for him giving up!

That stupid chocolate-selling woman needs a cunt punch. For one, that's a shitty way to sell stuff. And two, it's bloody insulting.

Lupo is just awesome. *offers cookies*
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I don't use bags at all when I do my big grocery shop... I bought some tough plastic crates that have sides that collapse so they fold flat when not in use. I keep them in the boot of my car so I've always got them with me when I get to the supermarket. Put everything into them at the checkout and they keep everything upright and I can see exactly what's in which crate. And if anything does leak or is sticky, they can just be wiped clean. Works for me.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

If Lupo ever becomes a lesbian, then I'll have to change my name to Ms. Hero. Awesome pwnage.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

and the mom gets called out on her behavior.
                bet she didn't expect that one coming home to roost

Comment

That's really annoying when someone assumes that just because you're fat you MUST just stuff twinkies and chocolate in your mouth all day long. Um no.....I don't eat that many sweets to begin with. And now I can't take sugar in at all so anyone who thinks I eat nothing but candy can suck it.

As far as the creeper goes hey at least you got hit on in the same trip And he backed off which is good.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

There's a difference between having a cat sleep on the bag (which I admit my cat does ) and having the bag smell like a litterbox. If something smells like unscooped litter, then ew.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      See, that's why I always put my bags in front of my groceries. I thought I was helping. Apparently not.
                      If someone gives the bags to me right at the beginning, it's usually fine, 'cause I can figure out how to fit things into said bags. It's when people don't plan ahead with their bags or, in my first post, don't tell me they have them, it's becomes more of a hassle.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

“Ok, honey, look for the fatter people. They’ll buy more chocolate from you.”

CBM: Hey, would you like to support my son? Buy some chocolates?
                        Me: <With a cheerful smile> Nope, not interested, sorry!
                        CBM: But they’re only $1 apiece!
                        Me: <still grinning cheerfully> Nope! Sorry. Guess I’m one of those fatter people that don’t fit the stereotype!
                        CBM:
                        Oh, the pwnage. The sweet, sweet pwnage.

Him: Well. HelLO there…
                        Me: ….
                        Him: <opens his mouth to say something else>
                        Me: <in a completely flat voice> I’m a lesbian and an ax murderer. Don’t even bother.
                        Him: <blinkblinkblink>
                        ...is it wrong that I laughed so hard at this? Yay you for shutting down a creepster! (And points to him for having the sense to take you seriously for once)

C: did you bring these with you?
                        Me: um…yes…
                        C: <Gets an annoyed look on her face and tosses them down the counter to the bagger> So you want to USE them, right??
                        "But of course! I find that reusable bags are very handy for covering up annoying catbuttfaces. Like yours."

Sheesh, somebody had a double-dose of their PissJuice that day...
                        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

As I pass, I see a mother encouraging her son in his salesmanship skills. She told him, “Ok, honey, look for the fatter people. They’ll buy more chocolate from you.”
                          And another generation learns that it's okay to discriminate against size!
                          CBM: Hey, would you like to support my son? Buy some chocolates?
                          Me: <With a cheerful smile> Nope, not interested, sorry!
                          CBM: But they’re only $1 apiece!
                          Me: <still grinning cheerfully> Nope! Sorry. Guess I’m one of those fatter people that don’t fit the stereotype!
                          CBM:
                          You handled that with amazing restraint. I don't think I would've been able to resist tearing her a new one after her first comment.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Lupo..you need a personal shopper. If you ever become rich, hire me. I'll brave the SC's and EW's for you instead.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I dunno. Personal shopper for lupo... you might need to bring a chainsaw to keep all the creepies away.

then again... that's not a bad idea.

Comment

You aren't fat, there's just alot more sexy to you than most people.
                                ......../\
                                ....../__\
                                ..../\...../\
                                ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                                X