This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this some kind of conspiracy?

So yesterday, we got a package delivered by FedEx to our house. This is not an unusual occurrence in the slightest; between my husband and I, we order from Amazon an average of once a week, not to mention other various online retailers. However, the package we got yesterday was not addressed to us. The name and address on it are clearly not ours. The address is somewhere on our street, but the house number is completely different, and the name is not even remotely similar to either my or my husband's name.

So last night I called FedEx and told them what was up. I gave them the tracking number and our address where the package ended up, and they said someone would be around tomorrow (that would be today) to pick it up, so just leave it outside our door.

Well, it was still outside our door 20 minutes ago (at 10:10pm) so we figured we'd bring it back in and I called FedEx again to see what was going on. This time I gave the CSR the tracking number (the same set of numbers I gave the CSR last night) and tonight's CSR couldn't find it in their system. He eventually found it with the name and address on the package, and said that someone would be around on Monday to pick it up, so just leave it outside our door.

One part of me thinks we could just walk this box down the street and drop it off to whomever it belongs to. On the other hand, it's not our fault that the FedEx guy was drunk yesterday and couldn't read the address on it. And like my husband said, we don't want to be the ones responsible if we drop and break it along the way (we have no idea what it is, but the box is big and fairly heavy.)

My husband also thinks there's some kind of conspiracy going on: First the FedEx guy delivered it to the wrong address, then he failed to pick it up and deleted the tracking number out of the system after we called. Whatever is in this box, he does not want the intended recipient to receive it!

You also don't want the intended customer to say you stole it. Sounds like the FedEx guy is trying to cover up his mistake. Let us know if they ever pick it up!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point too. I figure if nobody picks it up on Monday, I'll call the shipper (it was some company in California) and see if their shipping department has better luck getting a call tag issued through FedEx. I used to work for a big company that shipped primarily through FedEx, and I know we had FedEx reps who we dealt with on a daily basis when there were issues like this.

Comment

I had a similar situation happen close to a year ago. I had ordered something online for a friend. First attempt was delivered by FedEx. According to my tracking info, it was delivered. When I called my friend, I had her search the entire premise to make sure she didn't overlook this. I got a hold of both FedEx and the online retailer. The online retailer resent the order but it was via UPS. She got the item. I never did find out what happened on FedEx's part.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I used to get a lot of packages to, and lots of the came UPS. But then I started to get packages for a house 2 houses down a lot. I thought nothing of it at first, but then when I stopped receiving packages a lot I still was getting the other houses stuff. Then one day I caught the guy dropping it off before he got back to his truck, made him come back and get it and bring it to the right house. Watching him I think I figured it out.

________________I________
          m h

Thats my street. M is my house. The H is the house he was supposed to deliver to, the I is the side street. My street dead ends there. If he delivers to my house he can turn on the side street, make his deliveries, loop around in the cul de sac and leave. If he actually delivers to the other house because of the dead end he has to back up to turn on the side street. He was dropping the packages at my house to avoid having to go in reverse.

Comment

Heh .. Rob got me Rammstein tickets when they went on sale, back mid October. Couple days after he ordered them, he got email confirmation they had been delivered. He didn't really say anything because he figured I got them and tucked them away safely to wait until tonight to use them.

Until last Monday, when I asked when the tickets were going to arrive or if he already got them ...

We tore the house up, looking to see if they fell behind something. We grilled the roommate to see if she got them and put them somewhere.

So Thursday rolls around, and he calls the ticket agency, who swears they went out back then, and there was nothing we could do because they were listed as delivered

Oddly enough, yesterday midafternoon FedEx rolls up, with a mailer with the tickets in it mailed Thursday. Tickets were printed out October.

We are never going to use that ticket broker ever again!
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I remember that story, Hero!

This is why I like to follow up with people when I send them a package, even if they don't contact me about it first. This drives my mother crazy because she will send stuff to my brother or other relatives, and they won't say anything like if they got it, and she just assumes they got it and didn't thank her and then she can get all pissy about it. But she never tells them beforehand that she's sending them something, she'll just send it as a surprise and then assume they get it and never tell her...but what if it never gets delivered? I'd like to see her face if she ever sends something to my bro, then a year later ask, "How's that (insert gift here) working out?" and he'd be all, "What (gift)?" 'cuz he never actually received it.

Comment

So you missed the Rammstein show entirely then, AD? That is real suckieness.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                  I remember that story, Hero!
                  Good memory! I did indeed post a topic about that back when it happened. I didn't think anyone remembered. I feel loved.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

We are never going to use that ticket broker ever again!
                    I wouldn't use one for anything. In my 32 years on the job, the customers I recall as being the rudest, nastiest, most difficult to deal with were the ticket brokers.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Small update:

The doorbell rang today. My husband and I generally don't answer the door unless we're expecting company or expecting a delivery (and even if it's a delivery, we usually wait a minute or two and just pick the box up after the FedEx/UPS guy drops it off.) So when the doorbell rang, we ignored it and my husband checked outside the door a few minutes later to see if we had a package.

No package...instead, a note taped to the door from FedEx saying they had been by to pick up a package and they would try again on Monday. Of course, since the CSR I talked to last night said they wouldn't be around till Monday anyway, we didn't have the box sitting outside the door today.

At least they tried, I just hope they come back Monday when we're expecting them.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                        Yeah, that's a good point too. I figure if nobody picks it up on Monday, I'll call the shipper (it was some company in California) and see if their shipping department has better luck getting a call tag issued through FedEx.
                        I would totally call the shipper and let them know about it. After all, they've got a tracking number that says the package was delivered, as does the customer, and there's a chance the customer has called the company going "what the hell, I don't have my package!."

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sounds like a case of The Temp Driver. Per my boyfriend, some of them are having a hard enough time finding their own truck, let alone a house number If you still have issues, maybe you can see if you contact the contractor (aka mr. temp driver's boss) directly, and have another one of his more competent drivers pick it up for you?

Comment

That actually happened today! I got a package addressed to a guy with a COMPLETELY different name and completely different number to our house. Granted he was only a few houses down but still.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, someone did come around yesterday evening and picked the box up, so at least we don't have to deal with it anymore. Hopefully it got delivered to the right address this time!

Comment

Working...
                              X