This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of my common customers

Most ways same stuff as any other business.

1. The most used word in my shop by customers is the word "cheap".
    2. A good percentage of gun owners do not know how to properly and safely handle a firearm. Finger on the trigger? Yep
    3. Gun owners live in the past and think firearms they buy should never go up in price and should reflect what they bought them for 15+ years ago. It starts with, "Back in 19**, they used to be (insert amount) this much!".
    4. Gun owners do not understand capitalism and the free market. "I just bought this gun from you for $450 and I would like to get $400 for it" then get mad when you offer them $50 below your cost of the gun new.
    5. Customers think they know what you should make profit on a gun because they know what is "fair".
    6. "I seen it on the net for....." Self explanatory.
    7. Customers know the gun laws better than you. (OK to be fair I've seen this work both ways in shops)
    8. Gun owners really do not know how to operate a semi-automatic firearm. With an empty magazine, they try to push down the slide stop and complain it is very hard to use and think there is something wrong with it. They do not understand the last shot hold open feature.
    9. If they never heard of a certain brand, it is immediately "junk".
    10. The internet or movies is the bible on guns.
    11. Most of the customers do not believe in going to the eye doctor.
    12. All 22 rifles share the same "clip". It starts with "I have a 22 rifle, do you have a clip for them?" You ask for make and model and they get confused.
    13. Under no circumstances should ANY 22 rimfire firearm cost more than $200. "It's only a 22."
    14. Customers may be illiterate.
    15. Customers want to show you their carry gun. (you reach for for your gun w/o my ok things get ugly)
    16. Anything in the shop is tax free.
    17. Customers cannot afford a $500 gun but have 60k truck fully tricked out.
    18. Asking customers what rifle they want- something that has a huge mag, big bullet,no recoil, hyper accurate, the gun can't be big- oh and under $300 and in stock. I tell them weed is not legal in this state yet, and fed regs still will not allow me to sell to you because you are clearly on something. State card or not- FDA still bans it and in fact if you have a card you are banned.
    19. Cannot follow simple instructions in filling out a 4473.
    20. When customers call, they always tell you their full name and where they live before asking you any questions.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

You could replace “gun” with almost any other item that can be purchased, and the observations would still be correct.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      2. A good percentage of gun owners do not know how to properly and safely handle a firearm. Finger on the trigger? Yep

15. Customers want to show you their carry gun. (you reach for for your gun w/o my ok things get ugly)
      My first thought is that I can't believe that anyone would do this. But yeah, people are this stupid.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        My first thought is that I can't believe that anyone would do this. But yeah, people are this stupid.
        And that's why Marvin got shot in the face.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
          You could replace “gun” with almost any other item that can be purchased, and the observations would still be correct.
          Hell yes. Replace "gun" with "any auto part" and that is my day.

Comment

Quoth Dave in MD View Post
            Hell yes. Replace "gun" with "any auto part" and that is my day.
            No Background check in autoparts.

BUT after a year of selling them I decided the Hood release should have a coded lock and after you are tested for basic automotive knowledge and pass the test you are given the code.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I'm starting to think business websites (especially financial) should have a mandatory IQ test for use.

Forget dry pool diving today, we were getting the callers incapable of finding said pool.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

i have to partially agree with #13, in that i have seen some very basic 22lr going for closer to 400. on the up side, they arent complaining about the ammo costs, which for 22lr is in many places close to triple what i used to pay for the same brand and count.
                This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

No Background check in autoparts.

BUT after a year of selling them I decided the Hood release should have a coded lock and after you are tested for basic automotive knowledge and pass the test you are given the code.
                  I have basic automotive knowledge. I know how to put air in my tires, petrol in my tank, and water in my windscreen washer reservoir... and I know not to mess with anything else under the hood. Do I pass?

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
                    I have basic automotive knowledge. I know how to put air in my tires, petrol in my tank, and water in my windscreen washer reservoir... and I know not to mess with anything else under the hood. Do I pass?
                    No- but you know better it's all good.

I forgot the guy who does not want to get gun from me because I want $250 inc background check and it's cheaper online @ $230.

But shipping is $20, transfer at dealer $30 and he still has sales tax either way.
                    AkaiKitsune

Comment

Pfft! Details. It's still only $230, so he's saving money, right? Gotta watch out for number one. (Even if the idiot is a number two)

Comment

I forgot the guy who does not want to get gun from me because I want $250 inc background check and it's cheaper online @ $230.

But shipping is $20, transfer at dealer $30 and he still has sales tax either way.
                        We used to get people like that all the time at the furniture shop.
                        Them: $50 for delivery!?!!?!? the shop down the road delivers free
                        Us: Yes but they charge $100 more for the same couch that you're looking at
                        Them: Nah man, they have free delivery you guys are a rip off.
                        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
                          We used to get people like that all the time at the furniture shop.
                          Them: $50 for delivery!?!!?!? the shop down the road delivers free
                          Us: Yes but they charge $100 more for the same couch that you're looking at
                          Them: Nah man, they have free delivery you guys are a rip off.
                          That's what got me with Bob's
                          yea the mattress was cheaper but add in 3 days to get it, they charge you to bring it to the store who does not stock any of the big stuff, never mind the house and throw all sorts of add on's.
                          AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
                            You very obviously aren't the one causing problems at the auto-parts counter, so my beef wouldn't be - COULDN'T BE - with YOU. The gripes I had, when I did this work, were the ones who once replaced an alternator belt in a 1977 Nova back in 1994 and as a result thinks he's some kind of expert on all things automotive - yet couldn't seem to supply rudimentary information like year, make, model, or engine, and then got angry with me when I couldn't somehow ascertain this information through divine means. And spare me, please, the 'they're all the same!' idiots.

Okay, rant over. I could go on, but I probably shouldn't. Sorry.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                              You very obviously aren't the one causing problems at the auto-parts counter, so my beef wouldn't be - COULDN'T BE - with YOU. The gripes I had, when I did this work, were the ones who once replaced an alternator belt in a 1977 Nova back in 1994 and as a result thinks he's some kind of expert on all things automotive - yet couldn't seem to supply rudimentary information like year, make, model, or engine, and then got angry with me when I couldn't somehow ascertain this information through divine means. And spare me, please, the 'they're all the same!' idiots.

Okay, rant over. I could go on, but I probably shouldn't. Sorry.
                              Cousin to the asshole who has year/model ww/xx car with eng out of cv/id and trans out of vv/dd- then smugly wants a coil knowing damm well the computer has no clue, but does this anyway. Of course can't give the aftermarket coil # or any other info. OR is confused when I would come out ask 4 pointed questions and pull one off the top shelf dusty box w/o even looking at a book or comp cause I know an old school one or 2 post coil is.
                              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                              X