This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my second interview

Since I know some of you were wondering.

It went very well I think. It's between me and a guy. They said they will let me know. I know it's not alot of information, but it wasn't really different from the first interview and they are all basically the same lol.

If I get the job, I'll update this thread.

Yay! good luck!

Comment

Well it went to the other person. According to the email I received "The other candidate had more experience managing front desk staff and trip advisor". Well, that's more explanation than anyone else has given me at least, but what the hell? I spent two and a half years managing a front desk. And not just a front desk, the whole hotel. My husband thinks that I got burned by the fact that it's the south. The other person was a guy. Don't let anyone kid you, sexism is alive and well in the south and I've known that for years.
      Last edited by Moirae; 10-12-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Sexism is probably alive and well everywhere.
        (I keep being asked in job interviews if I have kids - staggeringly they don't ask the blokes, yes, I have checked.)

I'm looking forward to next year, when UK companies will be required to publicise the disparity in pay between the sexes. http://www.equalpayportal.co.uk/the-law/

Comment

That really stinks, M. Sexism sucks.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
            Sexism is probably alive and well everywhere.
            (I keep being asked in job interviews if I have kids - staggeringly they don't ask the blokes, yes, I have checked.)

I'm looking forward to next year, when UK companies will be required to publicise the disparity in pay between the sexes. http://www.equalpayportal.co.uk/the-law/
            Is that even legal? I'm pretty sure it's not, in the U.S., but not sure about where you live.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Its not legal to ask whether you have kids in the United States, or plan on having kids. You have the right to refuse to answer the question and report them to the labor board.

Comment

Working...
              X