This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

Our team at the call center likes to sit together on Saturdays, sort of gathering around our supervisor. I'm known as the artist on the team, and whenever a new representative comes to the team, I make them a special name tag, along with the definition of their names.

Her boss's last name is pronounced like "holly", and we are working on a theme for Halloween, and the them we've come up with is a play on Hollywood, and I've been recruited by my supervisor to do all the lettering, painting, etc., and then who knows what else we'll do.

It's nice that I can do my artwork at work, and feel like I'm contributing and being part of the team. I find that doing something with my hands helps me block out all outside distractions and helps me concentrate on the call, and have never had a problem with any of my bosses!

Sounds fun!

Comment

If we did Halloween at the swamp, I'd show up in a shirt and tie and freshly-pressed khakis. Hair perfectly coiffed and everything.

Then I'd walk around the store complaining about returns and various messes hither and yon before spending the rest of my shift in the breakroom, stuffing my face, playing on my phone and taking selfies.

And then I'd be fired.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I predict my friends and I will be getting together on Halloween and probably drink.

Last year, we got our friend Danny to play Five Nights at Freddy's. He'd never heard of it. We told him nothing about it.

He made it farther than our friend Tom did without much effort, much to Tom's annoyance.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          If we did Halloween at the swamp, I'd show up in a shirt and tie and freshly-pressed khakis. Hair perfectly coiffed and everything.

Then I'd walk around the store complaining about returns and various messes hither and yon before spending the rest of my shift in the breakroom, stuffing my face, playing on my phone and taking selfies.

And then I'd be fired.
          One year at a call center (we did costumes on Halloween...woot) one of my managers said he was going to cut his hair, dye it gray, stick a Bluetooth in his ear and walk around ignoring everyone: a pointed imitation of one of the "suits" we had visiting that week.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I wish we could do stuff for Halloween, but employees before I came here screwed it up. Right now though, I've got Jason in his hockey mask on my middle fingernails and the other nails are covered in blood spatter and bloody finger prints. Everyone loves them, but upper, upper management has not seen them yet. I do not plan on letting them see LOL

Comment

One year we were permitted to dress in costume for Halloween, but nobody did. (I don't like being the only one to dress up, it makes me feel as conspicuous as a peacock in a flock of pigeons.)

Some of us make and wear holiday-themed aprons made with the fabric we sell.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Last year on the 30th of October I had a "real" haircut for the first time in 14 years... Then went to work on the 31st with a short back & sides, as opposed to the ponytail everyone had been used to.

When asked, I said I'd dressed up as a Responsible Adult for Halloween, as I couldn't think of anything more scary.

I'll be at work on the 31st this year too, but in the morning... Still, being a weekend I may get some early trick-or-treaters.
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'm not working this Halloween but we don't usually get any trick or treaters on my street I don't know if I'll be going a party or anything, but it's always possible!

Comment

The mall does a trick or treat thing that I like to do with the little one. It's next week. Then the week after that (on Thursday again) is the actual trick or treat night for the county.

Assuming I haven't started my second job, I'll be doing both.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                    X