Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched one, and it was about helping prevent employee theft, but to the theme of Twilight. The stealing employee was Edward, who was trying to con a 'good' employee, Bella, into trying to help him steal some jeans.

Comment

Quoth Pixi_kitty View Post
      I watched one, and it was about helping prevent employee theft, but to the theme of Twilight. The stealing employee was Edward, who was trying to con a 'good' employee, Bella, into trying to help him steal some jeans.
      My, but that certainly isn't already dated.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

C: Now I want a bar!!! And I want close, like in the hotel close!!!
        /me pulls out replica hairy potter wand, waves it, smacks it a few times, and says "I'm sorry, my magic wand seems to be broken."
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          /me pulls out replica hairy potter wand...
          Didn't I tell you not to leave the scrub brush in the toilet?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Didn't I tell you not to leave the scrub brush in the toilet?
            Yeah you did. Sorry. /me slinks away to return her favorite toy to the storage area where it belongs.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
              Aw, you beat me to it! I watched the same video in 1996 and it remains my favorite to this day. I remember the manager being so proud because it was "new" and "modern."

Follow this link for some Sick Beats!
              Rest assured guys... their training videos are no longer like this. Instead they're very... happy. Unless it's the guy describing/showing the proper way to construct one of the new sandwiches or one of the new procedures. He's very matter of fact and precise. The other training videos though... yeah they make me laugh.

This was my take on one of the videos on how to upsize or something.
              Video
              Customer:Yes I'd like item x with a drink please.
              Cashier: Would you like that bundled up with a side as well?
              Customer: Sure! Sounds great.
              Cashier: Would you like size A, size B, or size C?
              Customer: Size B please.

Reality
              Customer: Yeah I want item x and item b and bundle F.
              Cashier: Alright item x, item b, and what size bundle F?
              Customer: Oh the normal/size B/ uhmmm size C/size not even offered with bundle.
              Cashier: Will that be all?
              Customer: Yeah..
              Cashier hits total and begins to speak: Your total..
              Customer: Oh yeah lemme get item Z as well.
              Cashier: Is that everything?
              Customer: Yeah I'm good.
              Cashier: Alright your total is $xx.xx. I'll have that up for you in a moment.

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
                Rest assured guys... their training videos are no longer like this. Instead they're very... happy. Unless it's the guy describing/showing the proper way to construct one of the new sandwiches or one of the new procedures. He's very matter of fact and precise. The other training videos though... yeah they make me laugh.
                That's actually too bad. Think about it: that training video was so effective that I still remember it 23 years later, after having watched it only once. It wasn't a bad video. It was funny, catchy, and it served its purpose better than any other video I watched for any other job I've ever had, as noted by the fact that the sandwich video is the *only* one I can remember. I can't remember anything else, but sure can tell you what order to put the condiments on a Wendy's sandwich!
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Did you notice how the guy unhooked the trailer (presumably with LOX in it) from the tow vehicle WITHOUT first chocking the wheels to keep it from rolling?
                  Holy Crap, That video was not a sleep deprived hallucination? I honestly swore I had dreamed that whole thing up. As such, I did not notice the forgetting to chock the wheels.
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Oh our sexual harassment video at college was...wonderful.The guy looked like Nigel Mansell about 1981 and was dressed in a pastel polo-and-slacks combo not seen outside of Miami Vice.We had to find the examples of sexual harassment...
                    Apparently sidling up behind the young lady after playing sport and asking Would you like to see my shuttlecock before stuffing it down his shorts was not obvious enough.They stopped showing it after the students began cheering for him and adding their own comments...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                      Holy Crap, That video was not a sleep deprived hallucination? I honestly swore I had dreamed that whole thing up. As such, I did not notice the forgetting to chock the wheels.
                      Oh no it was from the '60s and real.

Also I don't know about that model but all later ones have a built in parking brake.
                      Though on ship they are chocked and/or chained.
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I will also include ANY training "video" that was a FILMSTRIP (remember those from the 1980's and before especially in school??) complete with the obligatory BEEEEEEEP when changing frames and the narrartor literally droning on and on and on and on.....
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Way back when (23 years or so ago) when I was taking Driver's Ed, one of the videos started with "Aaaahhh, driving..." with some cheesy music underneath it.

And the "simulators" we used (this was in the early 1990's) had a dashboard that looked like a late 1970's Ford LTD.

Like this:

http://blog.macsautoparts.com/wp-con.../09/speedo.jpg

And the "accelerator" had a feather touch, as in, you barely press it and you're doing 80.
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

And the "simulators" we used (this was in the early 1990's) had a dashboard that looked like a late 1970's Ford LTD.
                            You had simulators? I took a driving class (my high school did not offer drivers ed) in about 2003 and we just had videos, then you got in a car and drove. On the second drive you drove across this bridge.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              You had simulators?
                              Yeah, but they were crap. We also did have to do the driving in actual cars, but it was just around the town I live in. They just put 3 of us in a car with the instructor, and we'd all take turns driving.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

We have to watch a safety video every week, but now they're finally getting some that are actually younger than some of my co-workers. The old favorite was so old we asked the newbies to guess its age based on the cars seen in it...

One of the newest was about personal protective equipment. It is pretty graphic with lots of serious injuries shown in close-up.

Gross, but it did get the point across...

Comment

Working...
                                X