This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I think the rationale (if you can call it that) is that the store's a cash cow for the area, so Corp doesn't think they need to put money into it

That's the explanation I got from a department head anyway.
    That is so severely stupid I can't even think of a comparison. If a store is a cash cow, I'd think you'd want to invest in it, to make it even more appealing to customers!
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Meanwhile, the strip mall attached to the swamp apparently has a mold problem that's affecting people working in the dollar store. The company that owns the strip mall is pretty much retail slumlords, so I don't think that will be getting fixed anytime soon.
    That's just disgusting. They expect the employees to make money for them, but can't be bothered to give them a safe working environment. That is wrong on so many counts. OSHA needs to get on their case, PDQ.
    Last edited by XCashier; 10-04-2015, 03:21 AM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      That is so severely stupid I can't even think of a comparison. If a store is a cash cow, I'd think you'd want to invest in it, to make it even more appealing to customers!
      You're obviously not a potential corporate manager. You have too strong an attachment to logic, reality, and common sense.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        You're obviously not a potential corporate manager. You have too strong an attachment to logic, reality, and common sense.
        You're absolutely right. That's why I've never tried for a manager position. That, and I'd probably lose it with some nasty SC and get my butt handed to me by Corporate.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
          notalwaysright, I'm pretty sure Irv works at a store along the lines of walmart or kmart or fred meyer.
          Thanks, since EricKei reminded me on another thread, I don't mean to ask which store exactly. I just couldn't even guess what general type of store, and that bugged me. "Discount Store" helps my brain, but is still pretty broad. And it does rule out some places I was guessing.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Penny wise, pound foolish comes to mind... or plain old corporate stupidity.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Exactly! The only other thing I can think of is that ours is "underperforming" compared to the superstores (well there's your problem, we ain't one), that's the only metric Corp is using and they want the place to fall in. Yes, there's another grocery store two blocks down; they have a completely different product line and clientele so it's not really "competition". I think our building is the oldest.

A few years ago, Shithead fielded a very negative review on Yelp that was filled with suggestions like "tear down the building and make it into a nice mixed-use development" (that really wouldn't get approval given the location) and obviously a troll.
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-04-2015, 02:32 PM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X