This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY!!!!!

So during a rare night of insomnia Wednesday night I was perusing Kijiji and came across a job working at Blossoms. They make edible fruit arrangements like flower arrangements. I dropped off a resume Thursday, and had an interview Friday. Well less an interview more of a show me around, introduce me to everyone and explain some of the goings on there and at the end asked if I was on board!! I start Monday!! Funny enough that Friday was 8 months to the day since my last day of paid work. Funnier still is that I didn't realize at the time but the owner who met with me Friday and I have actually met before, he's bff with my friends boyfriend!! Small world I tell yah. Going to miss all my abundant free time and crafting but I'll definitely love having more money coming in. Just found out my car might not last much longer, rusting quite bad on the bottom so need to get working on a replacement now.

Congrats on the new job! I've never heard of the place...but then I've been wrapped up in making the transition from call center lackey to site coordinator for two buildings that my employer provides security for. And I continually find out just how small a world St. John's is

That sucks about your car, but I'm not entirely surprised about the rust on the bottom. The salt they use on the roads here during the winter is horribly damaging. Good luck on finding a replacement, and look at getting the undercarriage rust-proofed!

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Quoth PastryGal
        rusting quite bad on the bottom so need to get working on a replacement now.....
        I'll take 'Things you can say about your car,but not your girlfriend for 100 please Alex'

Congrats on the job!We anticipate all sorts of fruit-related SC's...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

*hand out cupcakes with a candle in them*
          congrats
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            I'll take 'Things you can say about your car,but not your girlfriend for 100 please Alex'

Congrats on the job!We anticipate all sorts of fruit-related SC's...
            BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Love it!

Thanks guys. I'm really loving this new job, everyone is laid back and awesome! The owner took one of my arrangements out on deliveries and he's said thats only ever happened once before with a new person. Yay me!!! He wanted to see my creativity yesterday so he had me make a 6 pack of goulies. It's halloween shapes made from pineapple covered in chocolate on one side and decorated. I did pumpkins, ghosts and bats. They loved my bats because I gave them fangs! The other super creative girl there said she would have never thought of fangs. Love a place that lets me flex my creative muscles. I baked them my famous brownies this morning to take in. Loving it!!!

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
              That sucks about your car, but I'm not entirely surprised about the rust on the bottom. The salt they use on the roads here during the winter is horribly damaging. Good luck on finding a replacement, and look at getting the undercarriage rust-proofed!
              O/T, but when you replace your car, make sure you get the RIGHT kind of undercarriage rust-proofing. Some places will use a rubberized coating (similar to truck bedliner). Assuming you're getting a used car, that's worse than doing nothing, since some rust will have already started and this will seal it in (it'll keep rusting under the coating). The oil spray rustproofing, while it needs to be re-done on a regular basis, displaces any water that's present (break the "unholy trinity" of metal/water/air in contact with each other, and rust won't happen).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                O/T, but when you replace your car, make sure you get the RIGHT kind of undercarriage rust-proofing. Some places will use a rubberized coating (similar to truck bedliner). Assuming you're getting a used car, that's worse than doing nothing, since some rust will have already started and this will seal it in (it'll keep rusting under the coating). The oil spray rustproofing, while it needs to be re-done on a regular basis, displaces any water that's present (break the "unholy trinity" of metal/water/air in contact with each other, and rust won't happen).
                Thanks for the info!! I'll keep it in mind! Not sure whether we're going to go new or used, all depends on how things are when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                X