This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling like hell

I picked up a cold and accompanying cough about three weeks ago. Finally, when the cough didn't go away, I went to the doctor on Tuesday. She put me on antibiotics.

I woke up this morning feeling as if I'd been run over by several herds of cattle. I'm horribly tired, achy, and hot. I don't know if it's a fever, or if it's just the temperature in my room - I don't have air conditioning, my fan works but only barely, and I can't open the windows fully because Kitty might get out.

Speaking of Kitty, I need more food for her, and I don't have the energy to go out and get it. I emailed my coworker who loves cats, asking if he can do it tomorrow if I don't have what it takes to get myself out there.

Ugh.

It's your body fighting the bacteria; that makes you hot. It sucks being sick in summer.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It could also be due to the antibiotics, at least in part. If you can, try to eat some yogurt, it may help a little. Definitely eat some after you finish off the antibiotics to re-establish the good bacteria in your gut.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yes, I plan to eat yogurt after this thing has run its course. Right now, I'm avoiding dairy so that I don't phlegm up.

Comment

I went out today and picked up food for Kitty, so she's taken care of. I got tired very quickly, so I came back home. Luckily, you can order groceries online here and have them delivered, so I did that - delivery will be tomorrow. I do feel better, just low on energy. And still coughing.

Comment

Ooooh, I saw coconut milk yogurt in the store yesterday. I bet that would help without making phlegm. I think it was So Delicous brand.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A common side effects of antibiotics is fatigue. The itchiness can be a concern; it can indicate an allergic reaction. If you have a rash, call your doctor immediately.

Paracetamol will help the blechs, and if you also have a bit of fever.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Itchiness? I looked through the posts on this thread, and didn't see any mention of it. I have a down duvet that I'm selling because I realized I'm either allergic or sensitive to it, but it's still in the room, so if I do experience itchiness, I imagine that's the reason. I've been on the antibiotics (clarithromycin) since Tuesday night, and everything seems okay, apart from the fatigue. I'm still coughing, alas.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  Itchiness? I looked through the posts on this thread, and didn't see any mention of it. I have a down duvet that I'm selling because I realized I'm either allergic or sensitive to it, but it's still in the room, so if I do experience itchiness, I imagine that's the reason. I've been on the antibiotics (clarithromycin) since Tuesday night, and everything seems okay, apart from the fatigue. I'm still coughing, alas.
                  Sorry. I read achy and my brain interpreted itchy. Brain fart.

You could have the cough awhile. Your lungs have to heal. You may have to go back if it doesn't get better or is really bothering you.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I had a checkup this morning. I asked the doctor what the problem was, and she said, "Probably bronchitis."

I'll take my last antibiotic pill tomorrow morning, and then I'm done. I went back to the office today (I worked from home part of last week), and everything went well, except that the weather is really shitty.

It's getting better.

Comment

Working...
                    X