Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Methinks brother's going to evict me ASAP ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methinks brother's going to evict me ASAP ...

Disclaimer: I'm a lifelong apartment dweller.

Turned on the furnace in mom's house today for the first time. I noticed a funny 'whooshing' noise in the vicinity of the kitchen sink. No water running in the sink. Check downstairs. No pipes have suddenly sprung a leak; no water running down there. Go outside to back yard. Notice a two-headed white exhaust pipe protruding from the bricks; one head faces up, one down. Lots of hot air coming out of the upward-facing pipe.

Email to brother, describing situation, ending with, "Any idea what the heck this is? I thought it was an external vent to the dryer (which is not in use at the moment). Is there some switch I should flip to stop it? I'm trying to warm the house, not the back yard!"

Brother's reply: "No!!! Don't stop it!!! It's the chimney!!!"

About your diet, Santa...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Reminds me of an incident with my mom last year.

I was waiting for some food to reheat when my mom said to me "Oh don't tell me we have to have the furnace looked at."

This confused me as the furnace wasn't even running. So I ask her what she's talking about. The response? "Well the furnace seems awfully quiet so the motor might be dying."

I had put two and two together at this point. "Mom, that's the microwave you're hearing." And she went red as a beet.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Well geez, how in heck was I supposed to know that chimneys these days stick out of the walls!

dalesys, Santa's going to need more than a modified diet to get through this!

lordlundar, that's hilarious. Knowing my family, I'm never going to hear the end of this ... until I do something even sillier.

Comment

Working...
        X