This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is it...

That even though you pack half the house for a 2 week trip...

that you always feel you forgot SOMETHING?!
    • Clothes
    • shoes (sneakers and dress shoes)
    • pillows
    • toiltries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair brush, extra hair ties)
    • laptop computer
    • babyshower gift
    • camera
    • jacket
    • audio books for the road
    • 3DS and games for road (when I'm NOT driving of course)
    • nook and power cord

Anyone see things I'm missing?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Chargers for electronics?
    Extra batteries?
    Medications?
    Snacks/drinks for in the car?
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

undies?
      Oh, and you also forgot your towel

I'm a terrible packer for "family" trips. Heck, I forgot to pack shoes for my honeymoon - all I had were the lace shoes from the wedding - for a one night at a nice hotel and then a week at a cabin. For "work" trips I'm a lot better - I can pack that suitcase in my sleep at this point.
      My SO can do you one better though - on our first trip together (a 10 day trip to an island) he left his credit card at the bar the night before we left and we didn't discover it until we were at the connecting airport - we had to make do on my low limit credit card for the whole trip.

Comment

Umm... The iron's still on...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

no meds for me

4 dozen healthy cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, raisin cookies, and a dozen regular chocolate chip cookies)

mom's bringing fruit, and cheese....ooo I could make some french bread to go with it.
          no batteries are needed for anything of mine

phone, laptop, and 3DS chargers are already packed with their items.

I'm leaving all but one credit card at home but taking my ID, and health insurance card, mom has all the cash, plus her credit card and ID.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            Anyone see things I'm missing?
            Do you have blankets to go with the pillows?

Also, do you have enough storage on the camera and/or a way to offload the images? (probably with the cables and laptop)

Otherwise, the other things I would mention have been mentioned and confirmed already.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

don't really need blankets.... so long as i have a pillow I've slept on the floor under a towel....I can sleep anywhere.

and I have a 4 gig memory card in my camera, and a 320 gig hard drive on my laptop....we fill all THAT up...I think we have a problem.

mom informed me that i need to find a audio book for the trip and shes gonna look at her library too (we're in two different towns).

We've got about 24 hours of road time, so we need some good books.

Comment

Money.

Seriously, cash. Just in case for some unholy reason the credit card or debit card doesn't work (or someplace doesn't take plastic).

I actually used to put that on my list of stuff to take when I had to travel anywhere. That list had EVERYTHING on it.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mom's bringing the cash, not saying in here how much but a good amount for tipping, and places that don't take plastic.

Comment

Any makeup if you wear it, jewelery, body lotion, chapstick (my lips always get dry in the car on long trips), sunscreen (the sun through the windshield can still burn you). That's about all I can think of off hand.

Comment

first aid kit
                      phone

although for me i'd also bring knitting or sewing

Comment

I'm bringing my thread for friendship bracelets, something to keep my hands busy and there is one pattern I'm having trouble mastering.

Comment

Working...
                        X